AVS Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
What is the difference between Digital Clean Auto and low? also does it work on blu ray/dvd or only through cable TV?
The setting works on all sources (Blu-ray, cable tv, etc) and will clean up noise and other artifacts in an image. It works well for cable/satellite (removes compression artifacts and whatnot). Not necessary on 4K sources unless you don't like movies with high film grain. Low is less aggressive than Auto. You will likely want to set it to Off or Low for 4K sources because it will sometimes smooth the picture out too much on Auto and you'll lose details that are present in a 4K image.

Reactions: orlccm

·
Registered
10 Posts
The setting works on all sources (Blu-ray, cable tv, etc) and will clean up noise and other artifacts in an image. It works well for cable/satellite (removes compression artifacts and whatnot). Not necessary on 4K sources unless you don't like movies with high film grain. Low is less aggressive than Auto. You will likely want to set it to Off or Low for 4K sources because it will sometimes smooth the picture out too much on Auto and you'll lose details that are present in a 4K image.
Thank you kindly for your answer. While watching a blu ray movie I noticed that when I pause the grain/noise pops up but as soon as I hit play the noise filter (Low or Auto) clean up the image

Considering the way the filter works I'm almost certain to affirm the filter only kicks in during motion. As soon as there is a still frame (like a picture) the Digital Clean View won't work. I wonder if this introduces more or less artifacts... I personally didn't notice anything odd but I wonder what's the reason behind this compression/filter method
This is a pattern in both low and auto

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
In the service menu, What does each one of the PWM mean? And do
I have mine set as follows
pw max 100
pwm ini 2d 100
pwm movie ini 100
pwm mid 5
pwm min 0

Only issue I have on my tv is light blues on commercials or shows (graphics) appear almost neon like. Real bright

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else having HDCP 2.2 error issues with RU7100? It's been happening on mine for about 6 months on both a tivo and firestick. Unplugging the tv then plugging it back in fixes the issue but only for a few days.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ive finally after about 6 months got my tv looking good. Got this tv early this year and the picture colors were really oversaturated, reds, light blues, yellows , oranges were really bright. Some light white and blues looked like someone was shining a light thru the screen. I checked the warranty and it showed that samsung has a 1 year full warranty. I submitted claim and they called and asked what was going on. They said we will send tech out with new panel and all new boards. Tech came out and replaced panel which is the entire front of tv (screen and frame) also the two boards on the inside. Only thing original to tv is the speakers and back cover.
After tech left picture was good but of course had the dimming issue. So went in service menu and change PWM settings to 100 except PWM Mid which I set to 55 and PWM Min left at 0
Set Back light to 48 and Contrast to 48 rest is what factory setting was for the Dynamic setting.
Also cut off Auto motion plus.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts