AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of months and am very happy with it. Very fast and loaded with features. I consider it a pretty good "bang-for-the-buck" receiver, but it really depends on whether the features meet your needs.

Features taken from the Samsung website:

• One touch VCR control

• Samsung's proprietary Game Pack, easy to play and always fun

• On-Screen Caller ID display with 20 call history

• Embedded Calendar

• Up to 7-day Advanced Program Guide™, with Samsung's proprietary speed enhancement technology

Guide Display Options: Standard Grid, Logo Grid & Quick Guide

Convenient Guide Enhancements:

– Picture in Guide

– Guide Search, by credits, title, text, category

– Set Program reminders

– Event timer

– 5 User Profiles

– Favorite Channels

– Parental Controls

Graphic User Interface:

– 256 color logo based menu system

– User selectable color and transparency

– Bilingual (Spanish/English)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the S70 (two of them) and am happy with them. They're quite a bit cheaper than the S75; I think the only things missing are the component video output and Dolby digital output. Since my TVs couldn't use those features the S70 was fine.

My only complaint is the remote: I play the sound through a receiver, and while the remote allows me to operate the receiver it forces me to press the AUX button before changing the volume. I'd like to have the volume control be permanently 'assigned' to the AUX device for easier operation.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Does the S75's event timer allow you to schedule events "once a week" or "Mon-Fri"? Also, while the manual associates timed recordings with the VCR control, I assume you can program the former without the later (for instance, to record to a DVD recorder)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.