AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few guys I work with have experienced some ghosting problems with the Samsung S300 receivers. They have seen the ghosting on the ch.4 signal along with the composite output. Was curious to see if anyone else has seen or heard of this. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have had off-air, cable, along with neither hooked up to them. It's the dtv signal that has the ghosting. Didn't make much sense to me when they described it, but have had 4 guys mention it. Also different makes of tvs.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I could understand off air and/or cable causing ghosting. VHF or UHF analog signals with ghosts is not uncommon nor is burn in through the coax on CATV systems leading to off air ch 4 and CATV ch 4 causing a ghost. But DTV you either get it or you do not. I have seen bad DTV signals but never a DTV signal with ghosting. I would be very interested if anyone else could comment or if your buddies have digital field signal strength meters so you could measure the signal.

Alan

·
Registered
102 Posts
FWIW,

I use the S-video and composite outputs of a SIR-S300W box. I see no problems with the S-video and the picture is quite good.

The composite out is connected to a wireless video extender transmitter. I have had to insert a simple attenuator between the Samsung and the video extender because the Samsung output was a little too hot for the extender which caused ghosts, blooming, bleeding into the audio etc. The attenuator fixed all ills.

I don't use the RF out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.