AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63" Samsung connected to Blueray and Satellite box via a SR5003 Marantz receiver. Audio is through a 7.1 Def-Tech set up. The system is hidden in our mech room and the signal is run to the TV via Ethereal HDMI-Cat5 baluns. I am now getting "searching for signal" on the TV whether I go to the DVD or the Sat Box. It does not even play sound through the speaker system. If I disconnect the HDMI cable from the balun it will play the audio. Any ideas whats up? I have disconnected the baluns and left them for a few minutes then reconnected - no joy. Help please!

· Registered
37 Posts
Try lowering the resolution to 480 i or p on both source devices. If you are getting a picture then you will know your baluns work but you have data or bandwidth issues. Check your terminations carefully. Make sure you terminate the cables per the instructions supplied with the baluns. Some are 568 a/b and some are proprietary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.