AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a plasma Can you set all the bias too 128 in the service menu and in the regular menu 25(in the middle),and just use the gains too adjust grayscale? I've read of people doing this.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Service Menu adjustments on any tv are dangerous to do. That's why they are not recommended. Some have had luck making adjustments, others have bricked their tv's. The SM is not meant for user access (hence the name Service). What one setting does and works on a specific tv might not work the same on another tv because firmware version, board versions, etc will vary from tv to tv, even at times within the same model, and only a qualified service technician, with the most recent service manual can make the correct adjustments. Even the terminology can change as to what the individual settings do. If you do venture there, go slowly and write down every setting you encounter before making a change so you can get back to square one should something go wrong. Even accidentally hitting the space bar or Enter key can screw something up.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fortunate I haven't bricked mine.Even though I don't have a meter it seems the gains have almost all the effect on the images.This is on an e450 plasma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts