AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question :rolleyes: but are the service menu codes different for each Samsung model? I have a 2 year old TXJ2566 (yes, I know its non-HD) that is way out of focus. Its being replaced by a Mits 411, but rather than toss it, I was hoping to put it in the guest room.

Do these lower level models even have service menus? I have looked all over on the web and cannot find any info. The people here seem to know everything, so I thought I would run my problem up the pole. I don't even know where to start. Paying to have a $300 TV repaired isn't happening, but it seems a waste just to toss it out.

If it helps, the picture looks out of focus; you can't even tell what the football scores are, they are just a blur. When words on the screen begin to fade out to another screen they come into sharp focus for an instant, so I am guessing that the TV is just somewhat out of whack. TIA!

TPM

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
With the set off, try MUTE 182 POWER to enter the service mode (if any). To scroll through the parameters, use VOL+ and VOL-. To increase a setting, use MENU; to decrease a setting, use MUTE. To save changes and exit service menu: press ADD. To exit without saving changes, press ERASE. My PLH403W is LCD RPTV and doesn't have a focus adjustment, but it does have an SH POSITION parameter that affects horizontal resolution. Write down your present settings before changing anything. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Go down to my signature last URL, it has various ways of entering the service menu on many major brands. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by UncD2000
With the set off, try MUTE 182 POWER to enter the service mode (if any). To scroll through the parameters, use VOL+ and VOL-. To increase a setting, use MENU; to decrease a setting, use MUTE. To save changes and exit service menu: press ADD. To exit without saving changes, press ERASE. My PLH403W is LCD RPTV and doesn't have a focus adjustment, but it does have an SH POSITION parameter that affects horizontal resolution. Write down your present settings before changing anything. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That got me in, now I have to figure out how to read the blurry letters :confused: so that I don't make it even worse. Also, I don't have an add or erase button on my remote, so I guess I will have to wing that also.

TPM

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Have you tried turning down the contrast and brightness to see if that helps any? Maybe you can at least get it readable so you can try the service menu stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.