AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 50" Samsung-I think it is a 5040. She called last night and told me that she has "burn in" on the vertical side bars. She says that she has the Samsung menu set to gray side bars yet she said it shows black on the set in SD content.

She has a Time Warner DVR box. I have a Time Warner HD box and tried to step her through the Settings but hers was different than mine. I have a setting in my TW box to set saide bars to gray. I could not find it in hers.

Does any Samsung owners out there have any recommedations as to how to remove the side bar IR?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
try this...i cannot confirm if it works as i have not had a need to try it

http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofpilot /forum/post/14188789

My daughter has a 50" Samsung-I think it is a 5040. She called last night and told me that she has "burn in" on the vertical side bars. She says that she has the Samsung menu set to gray side bars yet she said it shows black on the set in SD content.

She has a Time Warner DVR box. I have a Time Warner HD box and tried to step her through the Settings but hers was different than mine. I have a setting in my TW box to set saide bars to gray. I could not find it in hers.

Does any Samsung owners out there have any recommedations as to how to remove the side bar IR?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Okay.. first off her box is not setup correctly. Like my box it the cable box will force black bars on 4:3 content which is just plain annoying. You need to unset that. Once you get that unset just have her watch 16:9 content exclusively. Infact you should be able to force the tv to stretch. Do that for a while and the IR should go away.

I have a motorolla, but it does not have the option to set to grey. It has a different option which essentially relinquishes control of the 4:3 content to the TV. I think it is called 480i - stretch mode. Something like that. HD channels are a different matter. Use wide fit for those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts