AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a good buy on a 4 bay catwisker atenna UHF. And I just bought a Samsung SIR-T150 for 200.00 dollars refurb. I am hoping this is a good unit.. I see it cost more then the 151 that was a latter model...

Has anyone had probs with the t150? I live in an area that is yellow code for uhf antenna..

I whold like some info on what to look out for with this Samsung SIR-T150?

I heard it will overheat ect.. But I hope they fixed ALL the bugs when it was refurbished..

Thanks for any and all feedback..

BB

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
BB - I've had a T150 for 2 years now and it still works very well. I have it connected to a CM4228 antenna and get great reception on 8 stations with no dropouts. I had an audio problem with the local ABC station a while back and decided to upgrade the T150 firmware to 2.0. Problem is now gone. As far as overheating - it does run warm and some think too warm. I added my own external fan on top to blow some air into the thing just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, How would i tell if it is upgraded to 2.0 ??

And I will get an extra fan.. The room I am puting it in needs another heater anyway.. :O)

Thanks,

BB

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The firmware version is available from the onscreen Menu. You toggle the Help button to ON and then hit the Display button on the remote. A line of text appears below the Help button showing the version number.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Its a decent unit. Mine has been very reliable. Just be careful that the component cables are well seated. If they are not you will get a color shift in the picture (more greens or yellows)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.