AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up the T151 STB (TV = Mitsubishi VS-60805 4:3) last night noticed two “problems†and wanted to know if anyone had encountered these before:

1. TV’s default settings for HDTV resulted in a horrible “green†picture – simply unwatchable. After adjusting the TV settings, including turning tint all the way up (which seemed very odd, but helped the picture immensely), I was able to get a pretty decent picture. The component cables are hooked up correctly; nothing else seems amiss. I am using the 1080i setting on the back of the STB.

2. When watching programming, as the camera moved up & down, there was noticeable distortion at a certain horizontal point across the bottom of the picture. It’s hard to describe, but this should give you an idea of what happens: Imagine pulling a sheet with an image printed on it over a log. As you pull from the top, the upper portion looks flat, but the bottom portion distorts as it rolls over the log - and then looks fine as it moves up past the log. That is what the problem looked like.

I called Samsung customer service (800-726-7864), but the CSR wasn’t of much help – had not heard of these types of problems before.

Would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It is your TV. You need to have your DTV input calibrated. It dosen't have anything to do with your samsung box. Call a Calibrator.

Looks like incorrect grayscale, 5 user adjustments, and Geometry speed bumps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try checking your component video cables - make sure they all match where they're supposed to be and that they're tightly connected...

Good luck,

Marc

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! I found Chuck Williams, a very knowledgeable & skilled local calibrator here in DC at www.digitalfilmforum.com. I sent him an email about the problems and here is his response:

Hi, Bob!

I think I know exactly what your problems are. I'll bet the green picture problem is because the unit is expecting to see an RGBHV signal and you're feeding it component. Go into the user menu under Set Up, and select the DTV input settings. Make sure it is set to "Y-Pr-Pb."

The second problem is the familiar "speed bump" issue, and I'm pretty sure I can fix that with calibration. Let me know if you are interested!

Sincerely,

Chuck Williams

Well, he was exactly right on #1 - I found it under "Assign Input" and corrected. Needless to say, I have scheduled a calibration w/ him for June 5th - I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.