AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 151 and I couldn't wait for the new tv to arrive, so I hooked it up to my 27" analog tv. Wow! I had regular cable before and the picture with the samsung looks incredible. I'm using a Silver Sensor antenna sitting on top of the entertainment center and get all the channels available in my area. The colors and picture are just so clear. Even if I wasn't getting a HDTV, I think it would be worth the money to get the samsung.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree! While waiting for my new TV, I hooked this up to my old 32" RCA and the difference was VERY noticable! The PBS HD shows looked incredible. Football looks amazing. I bought the 151 refurbished off of Ebay and it works great. It locks on to the weakest signals (1 bar). I can't wait for my new DLP that is coming Saturday (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just got this OTA Tuner and I couldn't agree more!! I love it!! I am using the Silver Sensor and I can get every local channel that I wanted to get (ABC, CBS, NBC, UPN, WB, FOX, and even KCAL 9) plus a few that I don't watch. The HD content looks amazing on the new 55" LCoS!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a 151 last week. I was of the belief that it had both an astc and nsct tuner, but I have not been able to pick up any analog channels. CBS still only broadcast in analog here so picking up the analog channel is important. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I have the 151. I haven't tried it, but I believe the only way to get analog (NTSC) is to use the S-Video or composite connections. It won't work with component. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (a definite possiblity!)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I don't want to get into a spitting match, but I just checked the official Samsung brochure which lists specs for the 151, and it says "NTSC 480i format via S-video or composite output."

As I said, I haven't tried it, but this is what Samsung says (FWIW).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bummer about the lack of an NTSC tuner. Anyone know how to program an RCA, Sony or Panasonic remote to work the 151? I got mine as an open box sans remote. I sure would like to use one of my existing remotes to operate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.