AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got another question from my buddy with the Replay 5040.

He called sonicblue/replay and they told him there are no codes to control the Samsung SIR-TS160, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

He didnt buy the Samsung yet, but want's to know if it will work with the replay. We noticed there is no serial control port on the samsung, so he'd have to use the IR, right? Are there codes that will work with this unit?

Thanks again

-Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is currently no way to control a TS160 from the 5040. Depending on what "work" means to you, it does work, but you need to make sure the Samsung is on the channel you want to record and is on first.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
sprocto4,

Didn't I read in another thread that you were assured that the TS160 was going to work with the 5040? If so, who assured you of this and what is the timeline?

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

·
Registered
201 Posts
I sent an e-mail to Sonicblue. Below is their response.

Dear SONICblue Customer,

Description/Question:

Email Subject: IR Blaster Codes Email Body: Are there any new IR codes

to control a Samsung SIR-TS160 DirecTV HDTV receiver? None of the existing

codes seem to work. Scott Proctor Design Engineer Ext. - 111

Resolution:

We are currently working on adding an IR code for your cable or satellite

box model. The process should be completed soon although we have no eta

at this time.

Sounds like a canned response, but I have hope!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yes, two new SAMSUNG codes were just added that should show up on your 4000 or later series. Please let me know if you can't get them to work - 7110 and 7110a. Let me know if you need to tweak the settings to get them to work.

Lyndon

·
Registered
201 Posts
REPLAYLYNDON,

Both codes work for my TS160. Code 7110 seems to enter the station number only where as the 7110a enters the number and also sends a "OK" command so the Samsung responds faster to the request.

This seems to work great for all channels except OTA Digital. Not that the digitals are in the guide, but it would be nice if I could at least set up a manual recording. All my digitals have a dash number. 58-2, 8-2, etc.

It would be really cool if I had the ability to create custom listings in the channel guide. Like setting up a channel number of 8-1 and mapping the guide data from the analog 8. That way I could set up recordings from the guide as I can from the rest of the stations and the replay would then send 8 - 1 to the Samsung.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is there any update forthcoming to allow these codes to work with a 3030, or am I screwed into buying a new Replay (or Tivo)? I will be REALLY upset if the 3030 is being left behind on this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.