AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of October 16 at 4:30PM PST, here comes the upgrade to 1.2.16 on DirecTV. Please post your upgrade results as well as experienced problems and comments on noticed fixes here.

More specifically:

Call DirecTV dialog boxes

Losing channels "call to order"

Blackouts during HD programming

OTA tuner Hangs

Please try and keep this on topic to tracking these known issues and whether the upgrade resolves them on both purchased and RMA replaced Samsung TS360 units.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by patjensen
My upgrade successfully completed to 1.2.16. Took about 5 minutes.
Just checked my 360......nothing....old version 1.2.12. They must be flashing the west coast first. I was told early next week for the new upgrade. hmmm.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:
I'm wondering if they are spooling the firmware upgrade first to users who called in a "tracked" ticket for firmware trouble. I also find it weird that they would spool a firmware upgrade on a Friday evening. Of all the times to send out an upgrade.
I doubt D* is that specific. They probably just got lucky and are sending the upgrade out early. I believe they flash upgrades out geographically.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:
I have had all of the issues mentioned in the first post with 1.2.12. I have had none since the upgrade but my receiver has only been online for 30 minutes.
Good luck, I have had none of the problems from 1.2.12. Knock on wood. I will post when new upgrade is received and report anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just activated my Samsung today. Got the .12 update almost immediately and the .16 a few hours later. TV has been on all day without any problems so far.

Bought a few days ago at CC with a build date of 4/2004.

·
Banned
529 Posts
My TS360 was updated to 1.2.16 this afternoon. No apparent problems. Transponders on all sats producing expected signal levels. Note: I did NOT have any problems with 1.2.12 and I have NOT contacted D*. This TS360 was purchased from CC a couple of weeks ago.

Did however discover that all D* Premium channels are free this weekend and the channel assignments for PPVs have changed.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I just hooked up my brand new 360 that Directv sent me to replace the one that was hosed from the .12 upgrade. They upgraded it last night from .03 to .16 around 3:45 AM EST. I had all the bugs with my old box and so far this morning everything looks ok. No black flashes, no audio dropouts with 5.1, still have some issues with ESPNHD commercials. Not as jerky but seems to pause and look like still frames. I will be out the rest of the weekend so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My previously 'good' 6-week old Sammy TS360 crashed with X745 and other dropouts and errors after the .12 download of Thurs Oct 7 (for me.) A fiasco with D* Cust Svc, their Tier Two folks and supervisors over 3 days left me with no receiver replacement or recourse but to wait for a 'fix.' However, the Circuit City folks where I purchased my 51" projection TV and D* gear were great -- they readily replaced my TS360 in kind even though beyond the 30-day return clause, and even though I suspected this hardware was not defective.

CC had one Hughes HD receiver but I learned on-line that Hughes Network Systems (

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got my upgrade (1.2.16) and the off-air signal meter looks like it doesn't jump around as much. It still seams fairly erratic though. Does anyone else have any observations??

·
Registered
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AkaStp
My TS360 was updated to 1.2.16 this afternoon. No apparent problems. Transponders on all sats producing expected signal levels. Note: I did NOT have any problems with 1.2.12 and I have NOT contacted D*. This TS360 was purchased from CC a couple of weeks ago.

Did however discover that all D* Premium channels are free this weekend and the channel assignments for PPVs have changed.
Ditto.

Purchased at CC 2 months ago. No problems before the upgrades started. No problems with the .12 upgrade. No problems with the .16 upgrade. Free Premium channels for the weekend so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received the 1.2.16 firmware upgrade at 2:43 Saturday morning. Working perfectly. I had all the horrific problems reported here including audio/video drop outs and X7.. messages, black screen of death lockups requiring hard boots, etc. with the 1.2.12 upgrade.

1.2.16 seems to be working flawlessly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my 360 on 24 September. It worked flawlessly until last week or so when everyone else started having x745 and reboot problems. I have not called DirecTV but have just watched the posts here.

When I turned on my system I found that I had the 1.2.16 update. So far, so good.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steeler
Good luck, I have had none of the problems from 1.2.12. Knock on wood. I will post when new upgrade is received and report anything out of the ordinary.
Got my upgrade at 343 this AM. Everything OK so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With 1.2.12 I couldn't watch TV for more than 5 mins w/o at least 1 drop out. And 15-30 mins later I'd get the x745 error.

I got 1.2.16 this morning and I've been watching the Min/MSU game for a couple of hours on ESPNHD and haven't had one drop out. To echo another poster, so far so good.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.