AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys

I've scanned through the enormous Master 360 thread and it will be hard to ask a question that has not already been asked, but..here goes!

With the apparent DVI/HDMI output problem with this unit, I need to know if there is anything stating that the DVI and the Component outputs on the 360 won't work at the same time. I've been connected to an AE900 projector via component in a theater room for a long time. I'm now adding an LCD monitor to the bar area and have switched to DVI/HDMI for the projector through the amp(WHICH WORKED WHEN 1ST TESTED ALONE) and component DIRECTLY to the monitor (WHICH WORKED BEAUTIFULLY WHEN HOOKED UP) only to find that the PROJECTOR NO LONGER GETS A PICTURE!
I expected to have the DTV picture at the bar at all times (direct from the 360)while being able to watch EITHER DTV or DVD in the theater. I remember reading about some units that shut off some outputs when others are in use but I think they were just audio components. It seems like a simple request but I need some guidance as to where to start looking. Thanks for reading and suggesting!!!

Dan

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Couple of options, either upgrade to a receiver that can output HDMI and component at the same time (which I believe the H20 can do) or get a component splitter and use component for both devices.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried a component splitter and got a picture on both screens...but each was of terrible quality! Can anyone recommend a particular COMPONENT SPLITTER that they know will give a quality split?

Thanks

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.