AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Samsung TX-S3080 SlimFit CRT rear projection HDTV. It works great.

However............. I seem to have an overscan problem. When I have it on sports and there is the ticker on the bottom, it slants down from the right to the left. I have adjusted the TILT feature on the tv but it still has this issue. Is this a defect, is this normal? Can I fix it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm having that problem with the Samsung 30" Slimfit TX-R3079WH, except it's with a PS2 game through component cables.

I'm trying to play through Yakuza 2 which is only in Japanese with English subtitles, and the overscan makes any subtitles that are more than one line almost unreadable.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Sorry about that when I saw Slimfit I started thinking of this years large screen Slimfit DLP models and failed to notice your model number and TV type.

If you can use a VGA connection instead there should be no overscan. Check the PC chapter in your Samsung user's manual.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/14661698

Sorry about that when I saw Slimfit I started thinking of this years large screen Slimfit DLP models and failed to notice your model number and TV type.

If you can use a VGA connection instead there should be no overscan. Check the PC chapter in your Samsung user's manual.

Can VGA work with HDMI? Ain't got DVI on this model. Plus, I don't think there exists a VGA adapter for the PS2. Just composite and component.

I won't be able to check the manual till tomorrow since it's probably in the original box which is buried under a mountain of other TV boxes and crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.