AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started posting in a different thread, but it occurs to me that those with Smart Hub issues are more likely to be posting in this forum.

Starting just this week, I have encountered a new problem with what has been, until now, a solid system for me. Starting a few days ago, when I went into m Smart Hub to select Amazon Instant Video, I would get the quick "connecting..." message, but it would them immediately switch to "updating..." The thing is, nothing is updating. It just hangs there like that. I let it "update" for the better part of 6 hours. It turns out, everything else still responds properly, but then if I go back to try and select the Amazon app, I get the same issue.

I contacted Samsung support and they remotely accessed my television. While poking about they did a Smart Hub reset, which wipes out all of my apps and all of the info associated with them. This did fix the issue. I went through and took the 2 hours to reinstall all of my apps and to enter all of my info again. Now, a day and a half later, I am having the same issue with my Amazon app.

Once again, even though I explained to the customer service rep that the reset had been done before, she simply reset the Hub and then disconnected.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Amazon app starting to hang up like this? If so, what was the solution? Resetting Smart Hub to factory ever 36 hours really is not an option for me.

After a chat with Samsung Support, I was advised to reset the Hub as you were. That didn't help. Amazon still doesn't load. M-Go will, as will Milk Music. Netflix will not load either-I subscribe, but have the account on hold for the month and never tried it during the last couple of days.
Resetting the Hub, as you mentioned, wiped out your selected apps. I can't get mine back-Crackle, Youtube, and a couple others, refuse to download. The entire Hub seems to be suffering from some sort of breakdown.

It's not that big of a deal for me, as I can use other devices, but when you want to use the Samsung, it's a pain dealing with these problems.
Vudu, Flixster, and YouTube will not install for me. I can select them for download, but nothing actually happens. I don't recall if I had the issue with Crackle or not.

MLB, Crunchyroll, and BBC News all reloaded just fine, as did the app for Emby.

I haven't tried using Netflix since the last wipe. After the first wipe, Netflix and Hulu both worked once I re-entered my credentials. As of this morning, Amazon was still functioning, but it took about 36 hours for it to stop last time. If that holds again, I won't know until late tonight, which really means tomorrow morning.

It does seem like something broke with the last forced update for Smart hub. Of course, Samsung isn't coming out and admitting to that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
You should add which Samsung model you have. Smart Hub is not the same across all models.

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey aryn, my es7100 'smart tv' did the same as yours' on march 24 and 25..
Been though with amazon/Samsung several times about this , and Samsung had me reset smart hub just like
you and it worked. The problem it takes awhile to do and then I have to change all the settings back to the
way I like... sheesh...
So , this time I just left it alone , and on march 26 I loaded up 'smart hub' ran amazon and it worked .
Go figure...
I'm really getting tired of this smart hub from Samsung, about ready to go buy another device just so
I don't have to deal with the constant , daily smart hub updates, and I have a cat 5 connection too.

joe

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now, once again, less than a full 24 hours after the last factory reset, the Amazon app has quit working again and all of the other symptoms remain.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Same with my f8500...I select apps to update but nothing happens. Started this week or last week.

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
I tried Amazon on my F8000 a few minutes ago and it seems to be working fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Series 8 Samsung TV UE46ES8090.

I think the problem is with Samsungs Servers somehow. Sometimes my Amazon app works right away without updating, then another time it wants to update and nothing happens. No real scheme visible. I also cannot install apps from the app store. It says downloading, then after 1 second installing and then nothing happens.

As I did a full factor reset AND smart Hub reset, my smart hub is on the initial 4.568 version. It tried to update itself to the latest release at some point, but got stuck on 0% while downloading. So, again I think Samsungs Servers are going mad again.

Counting the days until my Fire TV Stick arrives!

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
also it could be a glitch made by mistake by the dev team of the app, they should include all the files to support all the different devices if they miss one some devices will get the issue while others not.

good luck !

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Series 8 Samsung TV UE46ES8090.

I also cannot install apps from the app store. It says downloading, then after 1 second installing and then nothing happens.
This is what happens when I try to install You Tube, Crunchyroll, or Vudu.

All of this started shortly after one of their forced Smart Hub updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It somehow depends what apps you are trying to install. Some install fine, others hang on in the install...
Today my TV web browser wanted to update and kept saying updating for VERY long without finishing. I tried several times througout the day.
Some minutes ago it updated then without problem... But still I have some apps that refuse to install and hang on the installation.
My smart hub also updated correctly in the meantime to version 4.616

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have a pn60e8000 and a pn51f5500 I'm having issues with Netflix what happens is when I select something to watch. I was watching law and order what pops up is this ( we're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title). I hit OK then it plays fine. Then it goes to the next episode and it happens again on both TV'S. This goes on until I lose any option to play anything. I have unplugged my TV and I've reset my smarthub still no good results.This happens on both TV'S smart hub. If I use my Blu-Ray players app it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My issue with Smart Hub...

When I fire up Samsung Smart hub I often play files from my computer.... It's amazing how many steps it takes to get to my shared folder on my PC... There really should be a way to create a shortcut !! Samsung BD-H6500

Unfortunately I can't post the video I made that show how many menus it takes to get to my shared folder.... Not the end of the world.. But a simple shortcut ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts