AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Just got this message on my tv. I BOUGHT this t.v. to be able to stream Neflix and HuluPlus on my t.v.! 

This feels like a bait-and-switch. I smell a class-action lawsuit. 

·
Registered
17,438 Posts
Seriously? That sucks. Never been a fan of SmartTV's anyway so I just use my blu-ray player, the AppleTV, or my laptop.

·
Registered
805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileendq  /t/1522758/samsung-smart-hub-no-longer-supporting-paid-apps-as-of-march-26th#post_24488431

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Just got this message on my tv. I BOUGHT this t.v. to be able to stream Neflix and HuluPlus on my t.v.! 

This feels like a bait-and-switch. I smell a class-action lawsuit. 

I assumed by paid apps they meant apps that you have to buy from the Samsung store not apps that are free but you pay a subscription fee to a third party for content.

Edited to add:

This is from Samsung's facebook page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung 

To All of Our Customers with Concerns Regarding the Samsung Paid Apps Service Termination ….

Samsung is always seeking new ways to improve the Smart TV ecosystem and provide the best experience to consumers and developers alike. With this in mind, we’ve decided to modify our paid-app service for Samsung Smart TVs and have begun developing a new business model solely around free Smart TV app offerings.

Beginning March, 26, 2014, Samsung Paid Applications will no longer be available via Samsung Apps. Please note this does not apply to subscription services (such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, Amazon), only applications you must pay to download.

We believe this next step will benefit not only our customers but the Smart TV ecosystem as a whole and we’re excited to share more details once they’re available.

For more information, please visit www.samsung.com/apps .

Thank you.

Samsung Social Media Support Team

Reactions: fatuglyguy

·
Registered
1 Posts

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/

On March 26th, 2014, applications purchased through the Samsung Apps store will no longer be available via Samsung Apps. Please note that this will not impact subscription-based services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and M-GO. Please visit this website again on March 26 for more information.

So, it will be ok.  =)

·
Registered
1 Posts

As of this morning I noticed that my HuluPlus app isn't on my hub any longer. Since I hate watching tv on my computer I guess I'll be canceling this app. Makes me sad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts