AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to ask this so sorry if its the wrong section...my Samsung plasma has a software update available. I'm at 1027 and 1032 is available but there's no decription of what it fixes or adds. Is there anyway to find out? I was on samsung's site and there was no description of what the latest firmware update does. Live Chat guy told me nothing except "if you're TV's working fine you don't need to update"

·
Registered
29 Posts
glad you made this thread, cause I got a question and hoping some one will answer... How do I get the updates for my tv? I don't have a hard wire for my router I can connect it with, and don't know how to get the tv to go wireless, what else is there for me to do?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal-dog /forum/post/19513902

Go ahead and update. Always use the latest firmware on electronic products.

I'm just a little scared cuz I've read people complain about things that worked no longer working correctly after an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvas /forum/post/19514010

glad you made this thread, cause I got a question and hoping some one will answer... How do I get the updates for my tv? I don't have a hard wire for my router I can connect it with, and don't know how to get the tv to go wireless, what else is there for me to do?

On my TV, if I can't go through the web for some reason on it I can download the file from their website, put it on a flash drive, plug it into the tv's USB port and upgrade that way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Note that sometimes the more recent firmware updates are only available via the internet connection, at least for a while. That's the case with 1032 currently I believe.

FWIW, I'm on 1032 (PN63C8000) and that doesn't seem to have caused any problems. I'm not positive if it was this update but the MJC (Motion Judder Canceling) now seems to be flawless on my set -- silky smooth "soap opera" effect with no artifacts that I can see whatsoever (I'm still trying to figure out whether I like the effect but I like playing with options and it's really kind of amazing to see the difference with films at their "natural" cadence of 24Hz vs the soap opera effect).

Also, to go wireless you'll need to pick up the Samsung dongle. How far away is your router from the tv -- you could also pick up a 50 foot network cable on amazon or something and use that...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETA /forum/post/19515103

FWIW, I'm on 1032 (PN63C8000) and that doesn't seem to have caused any problems. I'm not positive if it was this update but the MJC (Motion Judder Canceling) now seems to be flawless on my set -- silky smooth "soap opera" effect with no artifacts that I can see whatsoever (I'm still trying to figure out whether I like the effect but I like playing with options and it's really kind of amazing to see the difference with films at their "natural" cadence of 24Hz vs the soap opera effect).

Ah, good to know cuz I've noticed my artifacts and looks slightly jerky when in MJC mode...will upgrade when I get home to see if it makes a difference for me too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts