AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
prices have already dropped $500. that was a very quick drop if you ask me, but who knows how long itll last! anyone who recently bought one better act quickly to get a price match! This price match is for ALL authorized sellers: samsung, best buy, amazon, etc.

65" JS9500 $5499

65" JS9000 $4499

65" JS8500 $3500

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/all-products

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Always. Go. Bigger.

·
Registered
901 Posts
exact same trend as last years models, except the price drop definitely came sooner this year. They'll drop another $250 or so within the next month and hold steady at that price for a while.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
They had to drop it, because they probably barely sold any at that price.
They are getting a lot of pressure from competitors like Vizio to drop their prices. The average consumer(ie: not people on this message board) will walk in and say they all look the same except for this one is almost 1/2 the price. Most people who shop at Best Buy wouldn't even be able to afford the least expensive 65" SUHD TV($3500). However, they could get a 70" Vizio for $2200.

Those people can't tell the difference between the sets at all. They just care about what they can afford.

Also the whole curved TV thing is a mistake. You either love it or hate it and too many people hate it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just opened BB a few minutes ago and noticed the same thing, let hope they just keep coming down

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They had to drop it, because they probably barely sold any at that price.
They are getting a lot of pressure from competitors like Vizio to drop their prices. The average consumer(ie: not people on this message board) will walk in and say they all look the same except for this one is almost 1/2 the price. Most people who shop at Best Buy wouldn't even be able to afford the least expensive 65" SUHD TV($3500). However, they could get a 70" Vizio for $2200.

Those people can't tell the difference between the sets at all. They just care about what they can afford.

Also the whole curved TV thing is a mistake. You either love it or hate it and too many people hate it.
True but the sales guys, don't push Vizio as much as Sony and Samsung. I'm done with Vizio myself. Atleast for some time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dang it, I applied for a card at BB, got approved, but not for as much as I need, LOL, drooling over that 9500

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I got a store credit from Samsung at HHGregg for the return of a 65HU9000. I go the 65JS9500 but when I inquired as to price matches, I was told that it didn't apply to exchanges and neither did free shipping. While I'm happy that I was able to swap when the 2015 sets came out, I was disappointed with not being able to get any deals. I guess HH has a reason but it made me feel like I was being penalized. In hindsight, I should have just waited a bit longer before using the store credit but life is full of regrets.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
They dropped them $1000 overseas. Like I have said. Samsung prices are pure BS. They keep the MSRP artificially high and then offer $2-3K off on the fist day. That is the true MSRP/UPP. The stores that don't follow UPP are usually $1K cheaper. True MSRP should be about $4995 with $3995 being the discounted price. And it will be $3-3.5K by the end of the year. The WCG and HDR do not add much cost. It is still the FALD control system that adds the most expense.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well it looks to be only the 65 inch models. To big for m AV system I'm looking at the 55 inch js8500. I hope those drop in price to.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts