AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wanted to do a sanity check before taking a significant amount of time on the phone with Samsung support. I am interested to know if anyone else has had success resolving issues with Samsung TVs out of warranty without paying out of pocket.

I recently started using the HDMI connection on my 2007-2008 LNT4061 as I was previously using a VGA cable from my HTPC. I get green flashes on the screen and at random times the TV drops into "weak or no signal" which takes some fiddling with to get the picture back. I have seen this issue documented for the LNT TVs in quite a few places and all ended up having a service rep come out to replace some parts.

I contacted Samsung and they said I need to fill out a service request and someone will come out to diagnose the issue but I will have to pay for it.

If I continue to call and report issues in an attempt to escalate is there any chance Samsung will replace parts and provide service out of warranty? Since the issue is so widespread and Samsung was fixing issues when the TV first came out, I would think it a shame that they would not handle that same, known issue at a later date.

Any advice on how to proceed and success stories of the past are appreciated. If no one has had luck, I will try the service request route and see what the damage is to get someone out her to look at it and the cost of parts/repair.

BTW-I upgraded to the most recent firmware. The first round of support at Samsung said it sounded like internal power issues.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux19 /forum/post/20869503

Hello,

I wanted to do a sanity check before taking a significant amount of time on the phone with Samsung support. I am interested to know if anyone else has had success resolving issues with Samsung TVs out of warranty without paying out of pocket.

This does not apply to Samsung exclusively, but good luck on not paying for repairs outside of warranty, nevertheless this far out.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Samsung is very good with reasonable requests for repairs an slightly out of warranty tvs. But the tv is going on five years old. No one can expect a company to keep fixing random problems which crop up on tvs this old. I was pleased and surprised when they fixed the capacitors on two of my LNTs this year.

I would suggest tho, if you haven't had your power board replaced under the extended capacitor warranty, that you get the serial number off the side of your tv and get that repaired (no charge to you), just tell them you are having power up issues and need the fix. The power board going out can cause all sorts of tv problems, and maybe that would fix your problem as well.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
U can possibly get a reprieve if this is a "known" problem, like CAPACITORS. Then u can mention to service, I see this on AVS forum, sounds like a known problem, shouldn't this be some kind of recall? Make it sound like you are well informed, and if they give u grief, u will badmouth them online to death. Regardless u should expect to spend a significant amount of time with them. In any negotiation, if u go in thinking you don't want to waste time, you are already negotiating from a disadvantaged position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.