AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Samsung t150 stb and a double bow antenna based on the recommendations of this board. I tried to set it up tonight and I am receiving no signal from the stb. I live in North Jersey and am 20 miles from the WTC. Any suggestions. Also, I am having trouble selecting channel 28-01 from the remote. The only channels end with -0. Please help a HDTV wanna-be

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you live on the Western slope of the mountain(towards Passaic Ave.),you will have trouble receiving the HDTV UHF signals from NYC.The mountain would be blocking the signals.If you are close to Verona,you should receive the signals.Try moving or adjusting the antenna.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the Radio Shack indoor double-bow-tie antenna with the Samsung T150. Our house is only 1/2 mile from the DTV OTA broadcast antenna. With very fine adjustments in the antenna position, I could only get a couple of digital stations intermittently. I got a small (3' vertical format) outdoor UHF antenna, and reception from the same broadcast antenna is fine. (About 60% strength on the T150's signal strength scale.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
First, go into setup and let the T150 memorize available channels, so it knows what's out there. If I recall, my box didn't see any signals until I did that. To tune channel 28-1, tune it to 28, then use the channel up button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow the direction from steve above. You might also want to use an UHF amplifier from RS. I live 20 miles southeast of WTC and with the antenna and amplifier combo, have no problem receiving all 7 OTA channels, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, UPN, WPIX and 13HD in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.