AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HS10 and had my T160 hooked up with component cables for about a week, I then switched over to the DVI connector. I noticed last night when I was watching OTA HD channels and even on regular DTV channels that my picture had shifted to the right dramatically. When in 4x3 pillar mode, which is black bars on left and right side, it was not centered in the screen anymore. There would be like 4x as much black bar on the left side of the screen as on the right side. Has anyone else had this problem? When watching a 16x9 HD show it fills the screen perfectly. I can't remember it doing so on the component cables. I am going to switch back to test when I get back into town.

On another note. Has anyone thought about how they are going to tackle multiple DVI sources??? I want to run DVI from my T160 to the projector, but I also want a DVI DVD player when they come out?? Are there such things are DVI switch boxes?? Right now I have all my component cables running through my Yamaha receiver, but the receiver can't do that for DVI... any thoughts??? It would be a pain to have to constantly switch cables...

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you have version 1.0.06 firmware, under the Installation menu, there is an option 'Monitor Setup'.

This will allow you to shift the screen over to the left using DVI.

If you have 1.0.04, you will have to get the 1.0.06 upgrade to fix this problem, or send the unit back to Samsung for a replacement. The update comes over the satellite via DirecTV. I think upgrades are being sent twice a day. Just put your receiver on a preview channel like 100 overnight, and it should come through automatically.

I didn't have to upgrade mine, so I'm not positive how it works, but you can look through the 90 page thread stuck to the top of this forum for all the information you need.

As far as multiple DVI inputs, I think there are some products that will switch DVI inputs. I have an HS10 also, and I will look more into it when I get another DVI capable source. I'm sure products will emerge in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.