AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my long-awaited Samsung T165 on Monday. None of the local Atlanta digital broadcasts had the correct PSIP time/date info when I first checked, although one station was close. I reported the problem on our ahdtv forum and sent a few emails and made a few phone calls. Now, four of the stations have the correct date and time. Two are still incorrect. One has no date/time signal.

The T165 sets itself to the time and date of the station to which it is tuned. When the channel is changed, the time and date will reset to the new station's signal. If there is no time/date info on the new station, it will remain on the time/date of the last station.

If the last stationed tuned had the correct time and date, you can do a timed recording from another station with the correct time and date or from a station with no time and date. If, however, you attempt to record from a station with the wrong time and date, the Samsung's clock will reset itself and the results depend on how wrong the new time/date is. If the date is wrong, it will shut off the recorder.

Anyway, now that FOX, CBS, UPN, and WB are correct and NBC has no time signal, I can do reliable timed recordings of everything but ABC and WTBS. We don't have any PBS stations broadcasting digitally here, yet.

(I'm using a Panasonic DVHS recorder with the Samsung T165.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.