AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out which Samsung monitor to purchase here either the T240HD or the T260HD, I am mainly using it for playing the Wii and connecting Directv service to it as a second TV to watch when my wife is watching the main TV, other than the price and size between the 2 monitors, what are the other differences between the 2? I've been researching the information but I can't seem to find any other differences? the Samsung website also have 2 newer monitors out now, the P2370HD(23 inches) and the P2570HD(25 inches), so what are the differences between all 4 monitors now? I see more and more of odd # of monitor inches like 23, 25, and less of even ones like 24, 26, why is that? please help out a totally confused lost soul here?
thank you

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
All of these are computer monitors with a TV tuner pack thrown in, which some ppl seem to disdain, but personally am OK with it.

The T models are older ones without the VESA wall mount holes if that bothers u.

I have a 2370HD and it's a matte screen, I hear the smaller one has a gloss screen. Your preferences will vary.

Am happy with my 2370. View angle limited to ~30 degree however b4r color starts changing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The T240 and 260 models are 1920x1200, so they would make a better computer monitor as they are 16x10 ratio for more height. Also in sq. in. they would be larger than a 16x9 monitor.

The P models are 1920x1080, a 16x9 ratio so they would be better for watching HD movies or HD TV. The 23" model would be about equal in sq. in. with a 16x10 22" monitor.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor42 /forum/post/17050758

The P models are 1920x1080, a 16x9 ratio so they would be better for watching HD movies or HD TV. The 23" model would be about equal in sq. in. with a 16x10 22" monitor.

Merde! Am glad I waited then. Almost got a T220 but objected to the absence of VESA mounting holes (seems silly now), and while waiting for the LNA650 price to drop, the P2370 appeared at Costo and I couldn't pass up the price and the extra warranty. I do watch TV exclusively.

I guess I was always looking for a monitor-TV. I just like the thinner bezel of monitors. A perfect display to me would have no bezel at all.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have a T240HD that I got last year when they came out.

I think it's better for use primarily as a computer monitor. Which is what I use it for mostly, but I have an antenna hooked up to it so I can flip over and watch TV as well. It is nice that it comes with a TV remote. And the menu system is the very easy to navigate system that all samsung TVs used up until 2009 models, I think it was changed.

Oh and the speakers are terrible on the T240HD. Not an issue for me or occasional casual TV watching, but for a primary set, even one in a bedroom or kitchen, they suck.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I also have t260hd and I'm sorry but I'll be honest.

Black levels are the worst I've seen in my life. Choice between light grey and blue.

Image whether tv/pc/hd as well as viewing angles are horrid.

Speakers are the tinniest worst sounding speakers I have ever heard. Laptop speakers blow them away.

It is a royal PITA to switch sources and to turn on (stupid touch button) I swear it takes a g e s.

IMO this screen looks best turned off. I like the surround/red light but that's it.

I SERIOUSLY advise to see before you buy!

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
I'm not sure where best to ask this but the 2370 hit my radar a few days back. I recently got a B6000 LED Samsung and the picture is great, but I've been curious if there are any monitors that offer similar picture quality?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/17517169

I'm not sure where best to ask this but the 2370 hit my radar a few days back. I recently got a B6000 LED Samsung and the picture is great, but I've been curious if there are any monitors that offer similar picture quality?

The 2370 and also one from Dell are the only 2 backlit LED monitors I've seen, but I have read that more and more will be released. Both of these have received pretty good reviews from places like CNET, but I've seen some pretty harsh reviews of both elsewhere by owners. They won't compare with something like the B6000 as these 2 monitors are fairly limited TN panels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts