AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. No clue whether to post this here or another thread.

Just purchased a new PS3 last night in Budapest, Hungary. Got home and and connected it to my Samsung T260 with HDMI: Mode Not Supported. Followed suggestions from the threads here and figured something might be wrong here because I bought my TV in the States (NTSC/Pal issue?)

Steps I've tried:
  • Unplug TV and all cables for several minutes > Turn on > Plug in PS3 HDMI > Power on PS3 using 5 sec hold to reset video.
  • Used 2 different HDMI cables (Both working for my laptop) and both HDMI inputs on the TV
  • Tried using the composite cable connector from the PS3 to the Y compononent in of TV: Mode Not Supported.

Any ideas? Could it be a Europe/States hardware conflict? I couldn't find any firmware for this TV either
Appreciate your attention and any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
(NTSC/Pal issue?)

that shouldnt matter with hdtv's.

Quote:
# Tried using the composite cable connector from the PS3 to the Y compononent in of TV: Mode Not Supported.

You should plug in the composite into the composite input, not component. I would try to get that to work, then you can navigate to the menus and try to turn the hdmi output on. Its also very possible you just got a bad ps3.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@sitlet: Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, the T260 TV only has component, HDMI and DVI in. No composite. I just took a chance.

I spoke with Samsung online via webchat and they confirmed that I need a "standard signal converter". Sounds legit to me, but I wouldn't know because I've never used anything other than NTSC.

Thanks for the support. No idea where I'm going to find a converter in this country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.