AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
update: the wall build is in process.

the horizontal pieces are temporary and are used to help align the vertical pieces which are the permanent frame for the system. the aluminum rectangles with handles are tools that are used to do alignment.

Great and proaudio speakers are great too great choice ..enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow - looking amazing!

So it'll be 6 x 6 panels, should be phenomenal. 6k x 3k res (**Jealous**)!

It looks like you've built out from that lovely stone wall to get your speakers installed flush and level with the front - is that right? Is the black background a wood panel wall?

Can I ask what/how you plan to feed this beast (image-wise)? I'd love to know how the signal processor will upscale to the 6k display... or if can you use a PC to feed it a 6k native desktop?

Thanks to all of you early adopters for pioneering this new tech :)

Reactions: anthonymoody

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow - looking amazing!

So it'll be 6 x 6 panels, should be phenomenal. 6k x 3k res (**Jealous**)!

It looks like you've built out from that lovely stone wall to get your speakers installed flush and level with the front - is that right? Is the black background a wood panel wall?

Can I ask what/how you plan to feed this beast (image-wise)? I'd love to know how the signal processor will upscale to the 6k display... or if can you use a PC to feed it a 6k native desktop?

Thanks to all of you early adopters for pioneering this new tech :)
it's actually on a lift, so when we're not using the tv, it goes down into the basement. there is a big fireplace in that stone wall in the background.

just going to be feeding roku and a plex server to it. maybe later a pc for some games.

·
Registered
86 Posts
it's actually on a lift, so when we're not using the tv, it goes down into the basement. there is a big fireplace in that stone wall in the background.

just going to be feeding roku and a plex server to it. maybe later a pc for some games.
It's on a lift?

IT'S ON A LIFT!!!?

That's ingenious. Is it a type of scissor lift mechanism? Could you please share any details about that aspect?

Reactions: ARROW-AV

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts

It will be quite an upgrade!

Pretty sure the audio will need to be recalibrated.... ;)

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,004 Posts

It's on a lift?

IT'S ON A LIFT!!!?

That's ingenious. Is it a type of scissor lift mechanism? Could you please share any details about that aspect?
DAMN! That is just so freaking COOL ! :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
the lift is hydraulic and chain driven. it was custom designed and built for this installation. the original custom built control system was buggy and clunky, so i ripped it out and i built a new control system out of an arduino controller to manage the hydraulic pump. i've been using it over the last year or so and it works reasonably well.

this samsung is replacing a different LED wall i had installed 18 months ago. it'll be a really exciting upgrade because the samsung unit has a significantly better picture and a slightly finer led pitch.

the audio system was calibrated about 18 months ago when the initial install was done. i'm reasonably confident that we won't have to recalibrate it after the samsung is complete because nothing else in the room has changed, and we haven't had to move the speakers at all during the install. fingers crossed!

·
Registered
460 Posts
this samsung is replacing a different LED wall i had installed 18 months ago. it'll be a really exciting upgrade because the samsung unit has a significantly better picture and a slightly finer led pitch.
What did you use previously?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I hope the red and blue panels go in as well *grin*

In all seriousness - I can't see any textures or gaps whatsoever (even with this sharp well-lit close-up photo) - so that's an excellent start!

Reactions: jorgebetancourt

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are the light blue cables hanging down - Ethernet?

·
Registered
86 Posts
that's fiber. the wall uses fiber to talk from the samsung driver box to the panels. one line can feed six panels.
Neat :)

This is exciting stuff Prefetch, more photos if you please sir!

Reactions: Reddig

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
the lift is hydraulic and chain driven. it was custom designed and built for this installation. the original custom built control system was buggy and clunky, so i ripped it out and i built a new control system out of an arduino controller to manage the hydraulic pump. i've been using it over the last year or so and it works reasonably well.

the audio system was calibrated about 18 months ago when the initial install was done. i'm reasonably confident that we won't have to recalibrate it after the samsung is complete because nothing else in the room has changed, and we haven't had to move the speakers at all during the install. fingers crossed!
Remind us what Video Wall have you used the past 18 months?

Edit: now I remember the Planar 0.9mm. The videoprocessing had issues, but in the end you said you were satisfied with it, so why have you ripped it out afterall six months later:

that's cool that they are finally shipping some units, but yeah, too late for me. i'm happy with my 0.9mm pitch. the total wall size gives me a 5k image, which should be fine for the distance of the seating, and it looks very good with a 4k image displayed, except, like i said when the image gets dark - then the problems show up! but i don't think that has much to do with the actual LED screens, and has more to do with the data being fed to them.
Too late now, but German value-added distributor/dry hire outfit Lang AG has a way to map 10 bits video onto the wall's 16 bit LED addressing. Not sure which brand LED it was demoed on, but if not Leyard Lang had shown the first 1.2mm pitch Leyard 8K wall, so familliar with the Leyar/Planarr walls. Perhaps of help for other owners that need extra bits to address near black or whites.

201 - 220 of 308 Posts