AVS Forum banner

301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
MIT has been somewhat involved in the High-End Home Cinema market, for over a decade, as it first developed some of the first modifications for the 'SuperKontrast', that led to the Barco P series for (post-)production studios.

As for Bjorg's C-LED 'room with a view', there are dedicated threads both here and on dci-forum.com.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went a different route that fits my needs better.
in 2018 i tried to look into the sony product, but i couldn't really get them to respond. at one point i talked to a sony rep about all the hype about their LED wall and they said "well, it's not really ready for selling yet. sorry."

so i went with the planar, and now i've got the samsung and i'm super happy with it. but yes, the sony looks wonderful.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
in 2018 i tried to look into the sony product, but i couldn't really get them to respond. at one point i talked to a sony rep about all the hype about their LED wall and they said "well, it's not really ready for selling yet. sorry."
o i went with the planar, and now i've got the samsung and i'm super happy with it. but yes, the sony looks wonderful.
Indeed, Sony basically started out selling to the automobile industry, exclusively. Giving everyone else the cold shoulder. The broadcast industry as a notable exemption, though I don't think they sold any/much into that market, considering price, and projects having a long run up period, taking the sale/delivery beyond that initial period.

I saw it at IBC (the European/global equivalent to NAB) on its first European public showing. Was that September 2017? I was told I could order it right there and then, at €65K per Meter Square. But they weren't even ready till at least six months later, and then they weren't really.

Peter Cineramax Montoulieu posted a similar experience, as Prefetch had, here, at this forum, around the same time. Sony's European rep for the C-LED told a European Cinema panel at IBC 2018 that there was one super yacht... Peter also designed Bjorg's HT/Room with a View's system.

As you may have read in other topics that project started as out what was the first HT install of Samsung's The Wall. Later The Wall Luxe. The Wall saw several delays in the actual final product becoming available. The project also incurred some delay, and this allowed for/led to (re-)evaluation of the available options and Bjorg opting for the C-LED over the Samsung. The room is currently being finalised, ís what I read in this week's update in the project topic over at dci-forum.com.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
This is not concerning the initial generation technology discussed in this thread. The Wall was available from stock I was told at IBC last September. Both the Wall Business and Wall Luxe. This is concerning the new 'TV's the Playnitride micro LEDs based ones.

301 - 308 of 308 Posts