AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any information about this particular freeze mode. I wonder if anyone else has seen this and can offer a solution.

I leave the Samsung TS-160 HDTV receiver powered on all the time. When I'm done watching I tune to 202 (DirectTV CNN) but leave the receiver turned on. I switch off the display device and my stereo.

The Samsung is connected via RGB to a Sim2 300+ projector. Since I use the projector only on weekends, most days the Samsung is just sitting there, turned on but nobody watching its output.

Usually on Friday when I turn the projector on I find the Samsung has frozen and is unresponsive to the remote or front panel. CNN is still showing but the picture is frozen on a single frame. There is no sound. To get the receiver out of this mode it has to be power-cycled.

Anybody seen this? Any solutions?

Thanks,

Rajiv

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am seeing the same thing. Occasionally it will also have about a quarter second "sound clip" that keeps repeating (only rarely). Unfortunately, no solution that I have seen or found. If I power off when not watching, the result is a "hang" that prevents powering the unit on without the power-cycle. It doesn't seem to be related to the channel that it is tuned to when sitting - I had thought at one point that it might be "bad" PSIP but not the case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The unit I bought for my parents does the exact same thing. I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if it were mine, but it is a big deal for my parents to unplug it every time as it's in an equipment cabinet and next to impossible to get to the plug. I have also been meaning to call Samsung about it, but now I wonder if there is even a fix for it if lots of people are having the same problem?

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
The bottom line is almost any "hiccup" in the datastream crashes this box. Its software needs to be rewritten, since Samsung admits it was done in a rush the first time around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.