AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on trying to get a full sized image from my new Samsung ts-160? It's hooked up to a direct tv dish with standard and hd program packages.

Using my sony 53 inch big screen (4x3 screen) the regular 4x3 broadcasts fill the screen. The 16x9 stuff fills just the center of the screen, or depending on how I have the format set, also the entire screen. This all works like it appears it's supposed to.

Now, using my crt projector and a 10 foot (4x3 format) screen, the same 4x3 image from the samsung never fills up the entire screen. The 4x3 stuff is reduced to just the center of the screen. It's not a projector issue (I thiink) because running a tv signal through my vcr I can get full sized 4x3 images on the screen.

I'm trying to figure out how to get full sized (4x3) images from the projector.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried every combination of setting the format. The problem is viewing a 4x3 broadcast on a 4x3 screen. It's only half sized. It's like the system can only think that I have a 16x9 screen. If my screen was 16x9 I would be all set and wouldn't even know there was an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.