AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggestion If you are thinking about buying a TS160 you might want to buy two of them. One to connect and other you can use as a paper weight.

Take remote from second unit and use in a second TV room connected to first receiver by IF.

Your other option is to buy a MX-700 or carry first remote from room to room.

There are no other learning remotes for TS160 and no extra remotes available from Samsung.

Go figure.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I think that this is the 3rd(or 4th) time I said this, my MX-700 works the TS160 P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y , yeah, it's not cheap ~$300 , but cheaper then buying a 2nd receiver, and I keep my "original" remote near my nite stand with a IR Repeater so that I can change the channel from my bedroom.

But of course you have to "teach" it, there are no pre-programmed codes in it yet for the TS-160, but probably will in future updates of the firmware of the MX-700 Remote or thru config files available from remotecentral.com

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard you first time about your MX700.

I'm just hoping Samsung reads this group and will help those of us who don't want to spend $600.00 for two MX700 remotes because we have a tv in two addtional rooms we would like just go channel up and down and control sound and maybe a VCR.

When I bought TS160 instructions didn't say now you need to spend additonal $300 on another remote for each extra room.

Basic learning remotes start at around $50.00!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but there is no reason why a One for All model 8811 (or others for that matter) could not "learn" the TS160 remote, I will try it out tonite and test it for you. That remote, btw, would be about $20 (street price).

Jim

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I programmed that learning remote, the One for All model 8811 and was able to learn every key except the CC key (I ran out of memory) so choose the key that you do not want to learn and you will get all the rest of it with a $20 remote.

PS: Send me a 8811, I will send you the one I just programmed cause I am just gonna delete it and give it to my Brother anyways :)

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went out and bought and will be returning a One for All model URC8910.

Code listed in their book is 1109. 1109 does not turn off let alone turn one TS160.

Using learning feature and LCD screen of 8910 it goes through a bunch of additional codes for satellites. None worked to turn off TS160.

If you programmed your 8811 share with me number remote number it used.

If there is a way to extract code number let me and other know.

Customer support at 330 405 8616 at One for All doesn't have a number.

I'll ask again what remote code number do you have for TS160.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I didn't use the code for the remote, I turned on the learning function, basically, press the device you want to program (sat), press and hold the set key, led will flash twice, press in code 975, it will flash twice, press the key you want to program( for example guide), it will flash rapidly, with the samsung remote pointing at the Oneforall remote, hit the guide key, it will then double flash the LED to confirm that it is learned, do that for each key. If you hesitate too long between each key, it will go out of learning mode and you will have to press code 975 again to get it back into that mode. A hint is to keep each remote approx 6 inches from each other, it learns it easier.

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe now I understand.

YOu are programming all those buttons like volume, change channel, guide etc and leaving Sat on 24 hours a day.

So remote in other room works and sat. stays 24 hours a day.

Good idea.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Actually, the power switch and all other functions work too, no need to leave it on, unless you want it too. But you will need a IR repeater/transmitter to use it in the other room.

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I learned codes for TS160 into One for All 8910. It works fine.

Question: How do you program Exit button? When I press exit while programming 8910 it thinks I want to exit out of programming and does just that?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
on the 8811, the exit button is just another programmable button, I am not familiar with the 8910, sorry.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.