AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the Directv sign up for a year and get a new box for $99 (replacing my DTC-100). The also threw in a new dish, which is nice as mine is an old-school 4 year old or so dish.

I opened the box, switched the back to RGB/DVI, plugged it in, and no image to my JVC Dila G11. I switched back and forth on the output selection switch but no dice, no image.

I am running VGA to RGBHV.

Am I missing something here? This should be so simple.

Part of the deal is that you are supposed to have the tech install the box. Well, box came Mon and Tech comes Fri, so I opened it up anyway and hooked it up.

Do they cripple the box so that only a tech can get it operational, via a service menu or something?

Any help appreciated. I am at work, so I can't play with it until tonight.

Thanks - Jason

·
Registered
877 Posts
You might need to activate the input on your TV set. I know when I hooked my 160 up I needed to go into the menu of the TV and activate that input for it to get a picture.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a projector. The computer 2 input is active. This is strange. Maybe I just need to monkey with it some more, but as of now I can't figure it out.

I plugge my Momitsu into the samke RGB cable and we watched a movie right after failing to get a singal from the Samsung.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mase, seems likely you have a defective box. I also have a projector HD20, just hooked up the component outputs on the Sammy to PJ. Put the switch in back to component, set res. switch in back, and a picture was present. The only to do in Sammy menu was to select aspect ratio and color of edges of 4:3. I seen to remember you are using DVI output to your PJ. did you try component to rule out defective cable.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went home for lunch, re-plugged cables (I also did all of this yesterday a few times), clicked the res switch a few times back and forth and bingo it worked.

Not sure why the stutter. Left it on searching for OTA channels. Looking forward to watching 24 tonight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this exact same problem, though mine hasn't fixed itself (at least not yet).

Here is what I posted on the Tivo forum:

Samsung receiver and RGB

OK, did the $99 deal with DirecTV to be wired and ready for HD Tivo. That went well. Installer complained a little about length of cable run but did not charge for a custom install. This installer was meticulous and took a lot of pride in the presentation and quality of his work. It was an unexpected surprise.

With the Samsung HD receiver, I could not get any 'sync' on the RGB output. I slid that switch to the RGB side, but nothing ever appeared on screen. I'm sure cables and monitor were configured correctly. I was able to get output on component (YUV) using a component to VGA cable. Anyone else with the Samsung having trouble with RGB output. Perhaps defective unit (or switch)? Otherwise the unit works fine.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Every time I have touched one of those switches on the back of my Sammy (including the first install), I've had to do a reset by unplugging the unit and letting it reboot before the change would become active.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.