Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a Samsung TS160 with software 1.0.10 with the following problems:

1) Can not get guide data for either Cable or OTA stations, only for DirecTV

2) If I setup the Cable and OTA channels by the local networks option then the system will reboot on an attmpt to view a station that does not really exist. If I allow it to scan for the digital stations and the NTSC cable stations then it never ever reboots. I am not interested in the Analog OTA's, I get them on the analog cable connection.

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Has anybody solved it? I am in Merritt Island FL (Central FL)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my zip code set to blanks, which is probably why I get nothing from the Sat (DirecTV) in the way of a guide. If I set up the zip codes I had major reboot problems. The system would set itself up for OTA digital channels which did not exist and if I ever seleceted them in the guide the system would reboot. the only way I could get it to work reliably was to set the zipcodes to blanks. I did this by a full system reset When the zip code was correct I would get these strange channels, which perhaps are in my area but I can not receive. I even tried to remove them but every time I selected them in the Setup Antenna/Cable Add-Remove the system would reboot. I opted for stability.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did that. They claim it is a directv problem (the guide issue) and the fact that I had stopped the rebooting via the workaround which is what they eventually suggested implied case closed. I have got the zip code set for the Cable, but not for the OTA stations. I hand scanned the digitals and am receiving all I can/want; just missing the guide data for cable and OTA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.