AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am hoping that you guys can help me calibrate my set, the Samsung tsl2793hf HDTV. I know how to open the service menu, and I have tried tinkering with the settings (I wrote everything down first), but I have been unable to get an image to my liking. This is my first attempt at service menu adjustment, so I am hoping to get a template of some sort.

If any of you own this set, or a similar subsequent one, and have had it calibrated, could you please post the optimal service menu settings for video and geometry? I know of a site that describes calibration of Samsung direct view sets, but it focuses on later models, and the menu of set is much simpler. I do not have nearly the adjustment options of the later HD sets. Hopefully one of you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have the same set. I did a lot of tweaking in service mode. First of all, you need to set the standard settings in user menu, then chose the input (I used component DTV for DVD) because, all inputs have different setup.Then turn off the set and then go into service mode. I think, I did some improvements but settings are different for each unit.

GEOMETRY

VS 101, VA 118, VL 100, VSC 135, VE 42, HA 147, PPH 56,

PAM 48, UPC 152, LOC 100, HEH 12, HS 127, VAN 147, VBO 143, HSP 143

PICTURE

RDR 8, GDR 5, BDR 6, RCT 19, GCT 19, BCT 19, SBT 27,

CON 10, COL 0, HUE 10, GAM 0, VML 0

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure that is how you have it? I tried your settings and the geometry was WAY out of whack, and the video looked pretty bad too.

Maybe you typed them in wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I told you, each unit is different. They made service menu for a big part, because of that. Those settings are correct for my TV, and I checked the typing. I'm wondering how your settings would work on my TV. Geometry probably bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.