AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the companies that I support is having an issue with a Samsung TV cutting the picture off and then back on when the light in that room is turned on and when the HVAC cuts on. The equipment is down in a rack and the video is being ran over a balun. The other TV is not experiencing any issues. The picture is fine when it does it, it's just annoying. They've been combing it with a fine tooth brush trying to figure it out with the electrician and the HVAC company that did all of the work. This house is new and the owners have only been in there for a couple months.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
383 Posts
One of the companies that I support is having an issue with a Samsung TV cutting the picture off and then back on when the light in that room is turned on and when the HVAC cuts on. The equipment is down in a rack and the video is being ran over a balun. The other TV is not experiencing any issues. The picture is fine when it does it, it's just annoying. They've been combing it with a fine tooth brush trying to figure it out with the electrician and the HVAC company that did all of the work. This house is new and the owners have only been in there for a couple months.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
We see this every once in a while using HDMI extenders. If you can get the HDMI extender onto a different circuit, or even phase that seems to help. Otherwise you may be able to simply swap in another extender, or even brand of extender, to see if that helps.

Good luck, these issues where house electrical effects the LV can be tough to troubleshoot. My advice would be start by getting an extension cord to the extender to get it on another circuit and see if that helps. Quick, easy and can give you an idea of where you stand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.