AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking into buying this setup.......maybe you guys can teell me if it wil do what i need an dwant it to do....

my setup now, i have old sony reciever....100Wx5.....it has 2 optical inputs

tv....sammy lnt5271F

STB-TV via HDMI

STP-optical to reciever

PS3-TV via HDMI

PS3-optical to reciever

Will i be able to connect this way with this sammy HTIB?

I want the DOLBY DIGITAL

My sony reciever is lighting blue and showing a DOLBY DIGITAL 3/2.....is that the same as 5.1?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can somebody please help me?!

Im waiting to purchase this but dont know if it will work they way i want it to....PLEASE

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Samsung HT-TX72. The Samsung has an HDMI in slot.

So here is my setup:

PS3 to Reciever with HDMI

Reciever to TV with HDMI

Cablebox to Reciever with Optical

Cablebox to TV with component (you can use HDMI if you want)

Got it on sale for $379 at Best Buy. We looked at all of the mid-range (~$400-$499) HTIB's (the Sony, Panasonic, etc), and the Samsung sounded the best. Works great in my bedroom. Speakers and subwoofer are more powerful than the Sony and Panasonic of the same class. PS3 games sound great. I played a regular DVD, and it sounded like I was in a movie theater. Another plus is that it has an HDMI in port for my PS3 (the Sony and Panasonic do not). Also, unlike the Sony my set supports Dolby Digital and DTS. For a HTIB, it is a great buy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1184 /forum/post/13009253

I have the Samsung HT-TX72. The Samsung has an HDMI in slot.

So here is my setup:

PS3 to Reciever with HDMI

Reciever to TV with HDMI

Cablebox to Reciever with Optical

Cablebox to TV with component (you can use HDMI if you want)

Got it on sale for $379 at Best Buy. We looked at all of the mid-range (~$400-$499) HTIB's (the Sony, Panasonic, etc), and the Samsung sounded the best. Works great in my bedroom. Speakers and subwoofer are more powerful than the Sony and Panasonic of the same class. PS3 games sound great. I played a regular DVD, and it sounded like I was in a movie theater. Another plus is that it has an HDMI in port for my PS3 (the Sony and Panasonic do not). Also, unlike the Sony my set supports Dolby Digital and DTS. For a HTIB, it is a great buy.

The way you have that hooked upi your getting TRUE dolby decoding for both sources and not PCM?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbull271 /forum/post/13009522

The way you have that hooked upi your getting TRUE dolby decoding for both sources and not PCM?

Well my preference is DTS when it is available, but yeah I get Dolby Digital in my games. At least thats what it says in the front of the reciever when I play a game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts