Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought a Sumsung TXM2796HF tv. Then from reading this forum I found that the PIP could be enabled through the Service Menu. So I went into the service menu and enabled the PIP. It worked great I was so happy, to see the PIP work. Then last night I had the PIP up with the tv tuner on the left and a vcr on the right coming in through AV1 input. Then I tried to swap the screens. It swapped the AV1(VCR) input to the left but the right panel was blank, so I swapped back and it was fine again. Well when I view the VCR in the right panel with PIP it looks perfect, I couldn't hope for a better picture, but now I switch the PIP off and view the VCR full screen and It looks terrible, and the over picture looks terrible for the TV tuner or the VCR now when it is in full screen, when I switch it back to PIP the VCR looks great again. I checked AV3 and Component1 with game consoles and they both look great, it seems only to be a problem with viewing the tv or VCR. I tried plugging in the VCR into the side AV input and yielded the same results.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest any thing I could do to fix this. And I have owned this tv for less than a week so if I can't get it to work I have to take it back. Does anyone know if the new Philips 27' High Def Tv has Auto Sensing inputs? Or in general is a good tv?

Thanks again

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Thats normal. A VCR video is much lower quality and lower resolution than those other high quality sources. Using PIP gives good picture for VCR because its a smaller picture to match the lower resolution of the VCR. With full screen it is just blowing up the size of the low-res pixels, so of course looks poorer quality. You need to view from a longer distance with the VCR video full screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I did not make it clear that the picture from the VCR was much clearer in full screen before I enabled and started messing with the PIP. I have also enabled the 3d comb filter in the service menu but I immediately disabled it after seeing what it did to the picture.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.