AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a Samsung TXM3097, i notice the right half of my set yields more red shade than the left half. it make the pictures right half redder than left.

i just came back from the Tweeter and noticed the same on their 3098. Does any of you notice this problem? or is it just me (and the one in Tweeter) the guy in Tweeter notice that too after i pointed it out to him, but can't give me any explanation.

i watched basketball game while i was there, the floor on the left half looks "normal" but the right half seems much redder. and i look closer, i also see images on the right half has slight reddish outlines (i have all my VM turned off) none at all on the left half.

and the same when i watches DVD at home. (with Progressive scan)

i run a test using Avia, chapter 7\\ Gray Steps & Ramps\\ Horizontal 10 IRE steps, i can easily sees the righ half indeed has a reddish hue on it, but not the left.

Can any of you please take a close look at your set, and please let me know if your Samsung has the same problem or not, because if all has that, i'll return the set, if just me and Tweeter, then i may ask for an exchange.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sounds like a convergence issue. You may be able to adjust it from the service menu, or by exchanging it you may get one that has better convergence/settings.

I'll look at my 3096, but I honestly don't want to find any more problems. ;)

BTW, I haven't noticed it thus far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the respond Noah, congrat on your new set.

any idea which item under which category i should try? BTW do you know is there a manual that explain what each item in the service menu mean?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.