AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got into the service menu but not sure what I need to change to correct issues I see:

Overscan about %10

Convergence off on right side of screen

Turn off SVM

Red shift

Can someone please explain which values I need to adjust to fix these issues?

Where can I get a definition of all the service menu values? Anyone got a service manual they're willing to share?

Why is the 3D comb filter off? When I turned it on, the picture brightness increased dramaticly.

There is a PIP in the menu, but I thought it didn't do PIP?

Any help appreicated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My friend has this set and I have heard him say that you can turn on the PIP and it will work with the reg inputs. It does not have the second tuner builtin as the 3097 does so he uses his VCR as a second tuner for PIP. It works fine for him. Sorry I cannot answer anything else.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The TXM3096 does not have a 3D comb filter, and I've read that you should not turn that option on.

I'd love a description of all the menu options as well.

-Q

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
FWIW, I actually turned VSM (SVM, either way) back on after seeing how much turning it off revealed the red fringing/ghosting on my 3096. I'm not actually sure what to attribute the red to...could be the 3096's convergence or chroma delay from my DVD player...I also noticed a Y/C delay control in the service menu, maybe I'll play around with that. I wasn't able to locate any convergence controls. I didn't try everything though, so it may just not be obviously labeled.

VSM also seems to hide some of the flaws of the internal line doubler. I really don't mind whatever other effects it may have on the picture. I'll try turning it back off when my new (prog scan) DVD player gets here, but so far I'm thinking the VSM may be one thing Samsung did right with this set.

BTW, qball, turning on the 3d comb filter had a drastic impact on the picture from the set's internal tuner. I actually just flipped it on and off from the service menu to see what it would do, but its definitely doing something. I couldn't see any difference turning it on and off watching a 480i source. It could be that it isn't used on the component inputs. It didn't actually make my off-the-air SDTV look any better, but its hard to really tell since the service menu sets you back to the "dynamic" picture preset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.