AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm in the market for the TV for a bedroom. This one has a decent price and offers HD compatability. Anyone have any thoughts on this model?

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesad
Hello, I'm in the market for the TV for a bedroom. This one has a decent price and offers HD compatability. Anyone have any thoughts on this model?

Thanks!

Andrew
This is probably a very nice set. I am much more familiar with the TX-P series sets, but this one is just a speed-bump up from there.

This should make a very nice hd set for your bedroom. Do consider going larger if your budget permits. When I upgraded from my Samsung digital 27" set, I ended up getting the Sony 34" set for my bedroom. Believe it or not - it isn't too large by any means.

Just think about it. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which Sony set did you go with? Also, how heavy is it? I kinda wanted a lighter set for the bedroom and my 27" sony weighed over 200lbs!

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesad
Which Sony set did you go with? Also, how heavy is it? I kinda wanted a lighter set for the bedroom and my 27" sony weighed over 200lbs!

Thanks

Andrew
I went with the KV-34HS420, and it weighs approx 193 lbs. I was initially worried that it wouldn't fit through my doorways, but it was no problem. You just need a couple of husky guys and carry it in unboxed.

Wow - a 200 lb. 27" set! That's pretty heavy for that size.

I had CC deliver my set, so they sent the manpower and I didn't have to lift a finger. You just want to be sure you've got a clear path for them and a stand in place.

Again, do consider going larger if you can afford it. I just can't tell you how happy I am that I did.

Good Luck! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.