AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I know this is simply heresy and I hesitate to even post this because of what I know are the strong feelings here about plasma vs. LED/LCD. But the F8000 seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews. Any thoughts here about these two sets pluses and minuses? I, too, am biased toward plasma but I don't want to not consider something that might be excellent just because of a bias. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

·
Registered
20,919 Posts
Ill tell you this, there is someone in the F8500 thread that exchanged out an F8500 for an F8500 and right now they are happier.While the F8000 is a great set, you do have the normal drawbacks of dealing with an LCD. Personally Id either choose the VT60 or wait to see how well the firmware update from Samsung does to fix the issues you returned it for. Not sure if youve been payng attentionn to that thread, but Robert from VE had some folks from Samsung out and verified taht the clip they ahd that was repeatable pops in it, with the firmware that they brought eliminated those pops. If you need a TV now then I would choose the VT60...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Those seem like two very different televisions. From the sources that I was able to find, the F8000's native contrast measured similar to my VA computer monitors, and it doesn't have local dimming..? While I do like my monitors, that is not the kind of black level/contrast that I want from a television -- especially not one as expensive as the F8000. I'm much more interested in the F8500 plasma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts