AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the skinny on this set? Amazingly, I get no hits when searching for this... I tried a couple of iterations (UNxxC4000, C4000, etc.) but no joy.

It's only 720p and 60 Hz but I get the impression that this doesn't matter too much on a 32-inch. I know this is an older set but that probably explains the good pricing.

This is for a bedroom wall, so I'm looking for something around this size. Any comments on this guy is appreciated. Other recommendations are welcome, if you had this one on your short list but did not purchase.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yizzung /forum/post/18301667

What's the skinny on this set? Amazingly, I get no hits when searching for this... I tried a couple of iterations (UNxxC4000, C4000, etc.) but no joy.

It's only 720p and 60 Hz but I get the impression that this doesn't matter too much on a 32-inch. I know this is an older set but that probably explains the good pricing.

This is for a bedroom wall, so I'm looking for something around this size. Any comments on this guy is appreciated. Other recommendations are welcome, if you had this one on your short list but did not purchase.

thanks in advance

You may want to rethink that size as it's awfully small for such a viewing distance - we went from a 32" to a 40" in the bedroom since the thinner format today we gained 8" viewing in the Armoire and would have gone larger were it not for the Armoire limits and I felt my wife deserved 40" and blu-ray since we have differing viewing preferences and I have a 57" for my viewing. Bigger is definitely better and more immersive and once you get that up on a wall you may be pretty far away - I'm 8.5' from a 57" and can take it to 70" with 1080P.

Many people are stuck on CRT days of 32" - I would go minimum 40" as a 32" will be dwarfed up on the wall IMO. But of course you do no HT viewing or Blu-Rays/Sports on that TV it may not matter. However if the opposite is true go as large as your budget can take you.

BTW that model is so new you'll most likely not find feedback. We're not allowed to post links to sales so you can check it out for yourself at ABT which is a large AV Dealer in the Chicago region.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts