AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(NOTE:SAMSUNG PANEL)  

here is my problem that is making it impossible to finish my tv setup.  first of all i have my Samsung hooked up to my pc via a galaxy 670 4gb vram; HDMI  with low level black setting on.  i tried the normal setting and it with more tweaking came out the same(what do you suggest low or normal). my whites and brights are too definite.  there's more then day after day of failure, i been using the avs hd 709 mp4 version with little success.  i am also using old analog tv shows on dvd ripped to my hard drive, big buck bunny, professional 4k vids, blue ray rips, and games driver San Fransisco, mafia 2, fear 2, just cause 2 and .JPEGs.  they all end up with whites and brights too definite(as i write this my eyes hurt, too bright white).  i tone down the whites and my black shadowing on my desktop and games becomes a gamma effect.  what am i doing wrong.  anything else i try my picture goes from bad to worse: gets to dark.  if you would like greater detail of my settings let me know.  i will mention this that i have also got the new updated firmware for my Samsung un40eh6000f.  i nee the community so much.  i know we can tackle this.  help me find a way out.

SO MUCH JAH BLESSINGS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello

As this thread is more for actual display calibration you may have better luck posting in the LCD Flat Panel Displays section for settings. Also, as you are using a PC as the source you might post in the Home Theater Computers section. Contrary to some of the claims you may read achieving proper video level output from a PC can be a nightmare.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

seems like i keep getting thrown around in these forums on where to post.  but i have multiple posts open in hope to all those willing to help

thank you JAH BLESSINGS

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

found out after talking to samsung that a factory reset wont hold to a picture reset.  if you have updated firmware and/or blown out blacks and whites a picture reset may help.  also a factory reset might be the finishing touch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts