AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting, but i've been reading this forum for a while.

So here's the deal. My girlfriend and I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a new LED TV. After reviewing possibly all the information we've found online, and viewing the TV's in store, we decided on the Samsung's UN46B6000, as it fit our budget and had a great picture.

Unfortunately the day we decided to go and buy the TV, it was discontinued at best buy!!! I did some research and found the the new model is going to be the UN46C6300. So... Here's my question:

Should i just buy it? or should i wait for the new model?

Considering our budget it pretty tight, i doubt the new model will have the same price tag. But... If this is a much better TV, ill shell out another few hundred bucks.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
54 Posts
the UN46B6000 along with the 55" were closeouts, the new models are due within a month and will be more expensive, I purchased the UN46B6000 from ABC warehouse about 3 weeks ago, I just installed today and so far I like it, look online for this us-appliance.com had them and is a reputable dealer, they are a division of ABC warehouse, you can also check out amazon. good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased from Amazon and everything worked out extremely well. Unbeatable price, super fast shipping, careful / courteous / responsible delivery people, a faaaaaaaabulous unit (UN46B8000) and an extended warranty thru SquareTrade
I personally would not consider buying from Best Buy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Personally I say do 46C6300.

Business stance aside, nothing wrong with buying from Best Buy. Price Match, take use of 36mnths 0% financing if it fits your fancy, and get it same day. Duh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies!

I guess ill wait another week or 2, Since i just saw samsung released a few more models.

UN46C6400, UN46C6500, and even the UN46C5000 which looks identical to the B6000! The only real difference I see, is that on some sites it states that its 60hz. But on samsungs it states 120hz.

On another note, the prices for the B8000 are coming down as well.

I guess i'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosh /forum/post/18299520

Thanks for your replies!

I guess ill wait another week or 2, Since i just saw samsung released a few more models.

UN46C6400, UN46C6500, and even the UN46C5000 which looks identical to the B6000! The only real difference I see, is that on some sites it states that its 60hz. But on samsungs it states 120hz.

On another note, the prices for the B8000 are coming down as well.

I guess i'll have to wait and see.

From what I was told by someone who claimed to have seen the C5000 in person, it is indeed 60Hz.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So what's the difference between the c6300 vs c6400? Read on the Samsung site that the c6400 uses UCP. Anyone know the response time for the c6300 and c6400?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So my local Costco today was setting up the Samsung 46 inch LED model# un46c6400RF. Looking at the box it appears it has ethernet in the back with 4 hdmi inputs. Samsung website is rating it 4,000,000:1 ratio. Can anyone tell me about this model, and how the lag time is playing ps3 games like guitar hero and overall quality with hd dish and bluray. I am also leaning more towards the 55 inch if and when they decide to carry it. I'm not certain if anyone has even had a chance to try this tv as the samsung site is showing the tv as coming soon. I am not certain on the policies of listing price so i will hold off until someone says otherwise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI.

I just got off the phone with a samsung rep. And it turns out that the Old B6000 is exactly the same as the C5000. I guess the 5 series is going to replace the non internet led tv's.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosh /forum/post/18301898

FYI.

I just got off the phone with a samsung rep. And it turns out that the Old B6000 is exactly the same as the C5000. I guess the 5 series is going to replace the non internet led tv's.

so does that mean c5000 is 120hz? if it is, I might pick one up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlevy /forum/post/18301777

So my local Costco today was setting up the Samsung 46 inch LED model# un46c6400RF. Looking at the box it appears it has ethernet in the back with 4 hdmi inputs. Samsung website is rating it 4,000,000:1 ratio. Can anyone tell me about this model, and how the lag time is playing ps3 games like guitar hero and overall quality with hd dish and bluray. I am also leaning more towards the 55 inch if and when they decide to carry it. I'm not certain if anyone has even had a chance to try this tv as the samsung site is showing the tv as coming soon. I am not certain on the policies of listing price so i will hold off until someone says otherwise.

Just bought one on Saturday. Actually, I just had my original 2001 Sony 42" Plasma die and I returned it to Costco under the original lifetime warranty policy. Got my original $6800 buck back on a Costco cash card - Bonus!!

Anyway - the un46c6400RF is truly awesome - refresh rates and clarity are stunning.

Only big problem is an inability to get NetFlix and Blockbuster functioning. They show up on the [email protected] screen but want to be upgraded by the system. Online upgrade indicates the system is up to date.

Have emailed Samsung for assistance - could be that it needs update via USB since its so new.

Highly recommend this model. Waiting to see if Costco picks up the 55" so I can spend some of the rest of my $6800 credit. Sure wish they still offered the lifetime warranty but hey - atleast I got to enjoy a bonus once.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicderivative /forum/post/18324631

Just bought one on Saturday. Actually, I just had my original 2001 Sony 42" Plasma die and I returned it to Costco under the original lifetime warranty policy. Got my original $6800 buck back on a Costco cash card - Bonus!!

Anyway - the un46c6400RF is truly awesome - refresh rates and clarity are stunning.

Only big problem is an inability to get NetFlix and Blockbuster functioning. They show up on the [email protected] screen but want to be upgraded by the system. Online upgrade indicates the system is up to date.

Have emailed Samsung for assistance - could be that it needs update via USB since its so new.

Highly recommend this model. Waiting to see if Costco picks up the 55" so I can spend some of the rest of my $6800 credit. Sure wish they still offered the lifetime warranty but hey - atleast I got to enjoy a bonus once.

Does this set use the ucp panel like the c6500?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicderivative /forum/post/18324631

that is why we stopped that return policy. so people can't keep doing what you did.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Samsung just released the update software. You can now download using update screen. Netflix now works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a Samsung LED open box UN46B6000 $1110.01 with 5yr. service contract for $360 from hhgregg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well my ultimate dream and perhaps to others have come true as I saw the the 55 Inch Samsung LED UN55c6400 on display at Costco, and ohh is it beautiful!! Same exact specs as the 46 inch just bigger. I will attach a photo below for you all to see. i am mainly curious how the lag is for playing PS3 games like guitar hero and how it performs on fast moving action like hd sports off of dish and bluray movies. Also wondering if the internet content enables you to pull up sport, weather and stock on any screen while watching tv?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just got back from Costco and saw the C6400 and it looks absolutely amazing. It was playing BluRay and it really looked 3Dish to me. Best TV I've seen so far. I was looking on the Samsung website and the C6400 and C6300 are identical. I think the C6400 is Costco's model. The C6500 has better contrast ratio of 5 million to 1 instead of 4 million to 1.

The 7 is next with 3D. So many to choose from!

(I'm also interested in the input lag question. Has anyone had the time to test it?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts