AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've had this television for a month and a half so far and I cannot seem to get rid of it's terrible input lag. I use it's "game mode" which reduces most of the lag, but it really does not get rid of all the lag. It is still very noticeable and I cannot deal with it. Does anyone have any advice regarding this problem?

People often say things like "blah blah buy this monster HDMI cable" or something, but I don't think a more expensive HDMI cable will change anything.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I own the un55d8000 and don't notice much lag with game mode off. If you are getting lag with game mode on there isn't much more you can do, game mode turns off all the extra processes that cause lag. I would suggest making sure You have auto motion plus off, it causes the most lag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even with game mode on (with auto motion plus off) it is still laggy by a bit. It's annoying when every game has a tiny bit of lag, which leads to everything feeling sluggish. I just wish Samsung would make great televisions that work wel with video games, but clearly they don't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfree101 /forum/post/20855602

I own the un55d8000 and don't notice much lag with game mode off.

that's odd. To be honest I didn't notice the lag at first, until I just felt it out of no where. The lag is somewhat slight but I find myself testing it in games all the time. I press the trigger to zoom down the sights of a gun, or I hit a jump button and move my finger away and see if I jump a second after my fingers already off the button. It's just very annoying coupled with my OCD

·
Registered
4 Posts
1] Lag started all of a sudden - Reset settings to factory default. Sounds like a good opportunity to update the firmware (if a newer version exists)

2] Game doesn't register a button until your thumb is off - This is not input lag (usually on order of 20~50ms). You're describing 200~500ms of latency... try a game played locally (to eliminate your network latency).

3] You don't have OCD, you just like things a certain way and pay attention to details.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been diagnosed with OCD, so it is real, but regardless the lag's still annoying. I move my finger off of the button as fast as I can after I press a button to see if the action occurs after the button has already been pressed. And it is noticeable, especially when you want to move a character around in a game or aim down the sights of a gun. Sometimes shooting can feel laggy. Everything just feels sluggish overall.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Its not that bad on that tv. Stop testing it and play your games. I went from a Panasonic plasma, with the best response times for games, to a UN55D6050, which has the same lag as the 8000, and I got used to it within 2 minutes, and continued to do well in MP games, such as Gears 2 and Halo Reach. Its hardly any different from my old plasma.

Why can't you get used to it? It doesn't have response times that are THAT bad....your mind instantly adjusts to it and makes the correction....I don't even have to think about it.

I don't use game mode, I have all the goodies on, and the auto motion set to "Clear". I do well in MP games, no problem, and it doesn't effect any single player games either.

You can test it until your blue in the face. Start getting used to it in your games, and the issue is over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am pretty much used to it. I don't do badly in any multiplayer games and it doesn't affect my skill at all really. But it makes games less enjoyable because everything I do feels very sluggish. Nothing feels as fluid as it's supposed to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.