AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought this TV a few months ago and was wondering if there are any new firmware updates from Original Firmware Version:

(T-CHE7AUSC-1005.1)

I checked Samsung website and it did not show any new firmware versions for this TV. I was reading on these forums that some people have upgraded this TV's firmware but i can't update it nor find it on Samsung website.

When i do an Ethernet Software Upgrade Scan to search for new firmware (Connecting To Server Via Ethernet cable) it gives me an error that says (Connection Failed. (102)

Is there any new firmware for this TV or have they not put it up yet?. I saw some posts here that people have upgraded this HDTV's firmware but how can that be when the Samsung website has no firmware upgrade for this TV via USB or Ethernet.

What are your thoughts on this?. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know what the latest firmware version is for the 7000.

As for connecting via ethernet, it will say error most of the time. You have to keep trying everyday until you get a connection. I managed to update my 6000 after 2-3 weeks of trying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikoriko /forum/post/16964740

As for connecting via ethernet, it will say error most of the time. You have to keep trying everyday until you get a connection. I managed to update my 6000 after 2-3 weeks of trying.

Since there is no firmware update or any firmware for this tv on the Samsung website, there probably isn't one out yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam /forum/post/16970690

Nope, if you upgrade via network connection direct to the TV you can get 1009.

I have a Ethernet Cable connected directly from my router to the TV. (No wireless connections).When i try to search and download new firmware, it says: "connecting to server" then Connection failed.(102)

The software version i have right now is T-CHE7AUSC-1005.1

That must be the newest firmware since there is no other way to get new firmware for this TV. It's not on the Samsung website nor listed anywhere i can download with a USB to the TV.

I called Samsung call center and they told me there is no new firmware for this TV. They searched google and spoke to their manager and he said there is no new firmware.

How did you download your new firmware and did you do it by Ethernet cable? or wireless? or by USB?. Where did you get the new firmware? from which server?. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas99 /forum/post/16976813

I have a Ethernet Cable connected directly from my router to the TV. (No wireless connections).When i try to search and download new firmware, it says: "connecting to server" then Connection failed.(102)

How did you download your new firmware and did you do it by Ethernet cable? or wireless? or by USB?. Where did you get the new firmware? from which server?. Thanks.

I downloaded via ethernet cable. If you are not connecting then you need to look at your router settings. Are your Yahoo widgets working?

Samsung is BSing you are their customer service people are just out of the loop. I assure you there is a firmware higher than the one you are running. So what does it do? You got me, I didn't notice any change after the update.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam /forum/post/16978416

I downloaded via ethernet cable. If you are not connecting then you need to look at your router settings. Are your Yahoo widgets working?

Samsung is BSing you are their customer service people are just out of the loop. I assure you there is a firmware higher than the one you are running. So what does it do? You got me, I didn't notice any change after the update.

My yahoo widgets are working perfectly. I keep getting the error message constantly. Samsung couldn't be BS'ing me.

There is no firmware for the UN55B7000. Many people have this problem on this tv. I'm not a Samsung service rep, i'm a consumer who bought this TV.

Do you have the same TV as me? (UN55B7000)?. How did you get the new firmware updated?. I use Ethernet cable and my network settings are perfect if i get all Yahoo widgets that load very fast.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazykevy /forum/post/16979502

I get keeping the connection failed 102 error everytime I try to update my 6000 too. Since infolink is working fine, it shouldn't be a problem on my end.

I get exactly the same error. Its not an internet connection problem if your widgets are working smooth as butter. There just isnt a firmware for this TV period.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The firmware on Samsung's website for UN55B7000 HDTV is available. I have my TV hooked up with an Ethernet cable but still get (Error 102.) When all my widgets work. I don't know why it doesn't update the new firmware by Ethernet. I have a Samsung USB Linkstick, model number: WIS09ABGNX/XAA that came with my Samsung BD-P3600 Bluray Player. Can this USB linkstick be used to download and upload the firmware to my TV from Samsung's website?. This is the exact same USB that you can buy with the UN55B7000 TV.

How do i download/upload the new firmware from Samsung website with this USB Linkstick to my TV? Can anybody instruct me how to do it? Thanks.

When i plugged this USB in my computer it said it couldn't find the software and could not proceed. What software do i need?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally got the new firmware for my TV. I creeped until Samsung sent me a free 1GB USB drive with instructions how to upgrade the firmware on my very expensive HDTV.

I feel GREAT NOW!!!.

I'm dancing all around with the new firmware downloaded like i just discovered a goldmine. I'm such a creeping lurker. lulz.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikoriko /forum/post/16964740

You are lying through your teeth. Samsung BLOCKS ALL firmware update servers via "online" method. Only method is via USB.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam /forum/post/16978416

Samsung does NOT allow updating firmware via "ethernet cable". ONLY by USB. Prove me wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts