AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum for a while now as I just purchased a condo and of course the first order of business is to buy my new TV! I'm willing to spend around $2000 for roughly a 55" TV and the Samsung UN55C8000 and Vizio XVT3D554SV have caught my attention. The Samsung is sexy looking with I'm sure has a great picture. The Vizio has great technology as a reasonable price point with its full array back lighting. I've done my research and understand all the tech with local dimming full array vs. edge lit, but my question is if I'm not a pure videophile, would I even notice the advantages of the Vizio over the Samsung? Now I know you guys will say head to Best Buy and check it out for your self, but it's challenging in that environment.

If you guys had $2000 to spend on a top tech TV around the 55" range with 3D (just want to be up to date), which would you buy? The Samsung or Vizio? What other options would you consider? Right now I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but I may go with Vizio, just waiting on the reviews to come out.

Any advice is great.

Thanks guys,

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on the same boat too.

mine is around $2000 with 3d glasses...

And I'm also debating with Plasma vs LED LCD.

Although Plasma pannels have been credited for smoother picture quality, it has been criticizes by its buzzing sound......

any input would be great

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't seen the Vizio on display, but I have seen the Samsung many of times, and the picture is absoutely amazing. I plan on buying the 8000 LED Samsung once the price drops a little more, I've compared it to many other tvs (except the Vizio) and to me the Samsung just had the clearest and smoothest picture of them all. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the 8000 plasma, but the picture on the LED just looks more crisp, plus I am one of the few who actually like the Soap Opera look on the LCDs. Visit the 8000 LED owners thread, and check out the reviews of the people who own it.

But my best advice would be to go to the store look at them for yourself, let your own eyes be the judge. As far as LED or Plasma for 3D, plasma will have less crosstalk due to its faster response time, Im sure within the next year or 2, there won't be much of a difference between the two. But for right now, each technology has its positives and negatives, you just gotta weigh them out and figure out which would suit you best.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspesi4 /forum/post/19571633

I have been reading this forum for a while now as I just purchased a condo and of course the first order of business is to buy my new TV! I'm willing to spend around $2000 for roughly a 55" TV and the Samsung UN55C8000 and Vizio XVT3D554SV have caught my attention. The Samsung is sexy looking with I'm sure has a great picture. The Vizio has great technology as a reasonable price point with its full array back lighting. I've done my research and understand all the tech with local dimming full array vs. edge lit, but my question is if I'm not a pure videophile, would I even notice the advantages of the Vizio over the Samsung? Now I know you guys will say head to Best Buy and check it out for your self, but it's challenging in that environment.

If you guys had $2000 to spend on a top tech TV around the 55" range with 3D (just want to be up to date), which would you buy? The Samsung or Vizio? What other options would you consider? Right now I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but I may go with Vizio, just waiting on the reviews to come out.

Any advice is great.

Thanks guys,

Dan

there are lots of good deals right now with that price range on 3d 55 lcds

sony 55hx800 is 2k with free ps3, glasses at bestbuy, sonystyle, frys (san diego at least) and maybe online as well (if you order out of state you dont pay sales tax and any recycling tax, shipping usually free)

havnet seen the un55c8000 for 2k but a little above ($2400) but if it comes with the free blu ray and glasses thats a great buy

vizio 55 led will be cheaper and the reviews i have seen do not favor it as good as what the top end sony and samsung have, yes its good blacks and whites for a cheaper tv.

lgs 55lx9500 reviews say its great 2d but 3d not as good as sonys or even samsungs again if you google product search for the tv the price should be around 2.3k the edge lit lx6500 is under 2k.

if it was up to me and i had $2k to spend i would try and find a sony 55hx800, or 55nx810 or 52hx909 with the free ps3 since i believe that its the best blu ray player that will continue to get updated. both the samsung 55c8000 and the sonys mentioned above look the best to me when i viewed them in store. the blacks when the screen went completely dark with credits amazed me as it was so inky black. i myself would also go with a sony because of how the styling of the tvs look as i dont like the aluminum bezel on the c8000 but samsungs are thinner if that matters to you. the sony 55nx810 also comes with wifi built in and as styling goes the best tv imo on the market right now. best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by matoshi /forum/post/19579120

I'm on the same boat too.

mine is around $2000 with 3d glasses...

And I'm also debating with Plasma vs LED LCD.

Although Plasma pannels have been credited for smoother picture quality, it has been criticizes by its buzzing sound......

any input would be great

samsungs 7000 series plasmas have got some great reviews and will prob be cheaper than lcd 3d so you could bump up to the 58 or 63inch version. i would go to a store that have both lcd and plasmas in a very dark environment and see which one you like the most. remember plasmas are best for rooms with little light. i would not worry about the buzzing sound as i think that at least for samsung has been taken care of better this year than in the past

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.