AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have an slightly less-than-usual situation here. If I had a solid, no start up, totally dead unit or otherwise it would be more straight forward but read on...

1) Samsung UN55ES8000 is 2.5 years old.

2) Used several hours a day, until recently on a stand.

3) Wall mounted about 2 months ago.

4) Powers on, all features of the television work.

>>> what we have today is, and after I wall mounted the unit was a series of lines that gradually disappeared. I definitely had a difficult time getting the back to mount to the wall plate and am absolutely sure I flexed the screen and internal components while doing so. So much for waiting for help mounting it but this is full disclosure for all so we're clear that I may have cracked something. After a few weeks, without any changes to settings, network or otherwise the unit began exhibiting a fault protection behavior where after several hours of viewing any remote control interaction would cause the unit to go into a full vertical line display for about 10 seconds and then auto-restart. interaction includes mostly but not entirely volume adjustment. The vertical lines are in color and typically match about what was displayed on the screen at the time of the fault. The sound goes completely out when this occurs. It almost looks to me like a memory issue.

I called Samsung and after they were satisfied that I had already completed the necessary troubleshooting steps, they asked me to once more set the unit to factory. I obliged and the closing agreement was to give it some time to see if the set began having the issue again. After a few hours, it did exactly that. I have to disclose that before it looped on reset until I unplugged the unit. After the factory reset it now still has the same exact problem but resets and returns to normal after one reboot.

The primary way to reproduce the problem is to use ANY remote and adjust the volume. I have viewed many videos on problems related to mine but I've yet to see anyone post my exact issue. I realize that I could be going downhill to a full blown failure but wanted to post this to see if anyone had any suggestions. Again I did completely isolate the unit in both network and peripheral connectivity to ensure that and outside source was not causing the fault. I do believe I have a hardware issue, especially since it started after I wall-mounted the unit and caused the temporary display problems.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vertical Lines

Hello mvortex,

I have the same Samsung TV and starting experiencing vertical lines on the screen a couple of days ago. I had only noticed them when turning on the TV cold. The first two times I got them to go away when I unplugged and plugged the power cord to the TV. The third time I left the TV on for about ten minutes and then turn off and on the TV using the remote control and the lines disappeared. Do the lines look like the ones on this picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here, any solutions

I know it's been a long time but a friend gave me his TV because he bought a new one. The 55" Samsung have the same problem, any touch on the remote will create vertical lines and reboot.
Did you find a solution ? The way I see it, the User Interface when showing any Icons (Volume, Source, etc) is interfering with the video card software and it create a Crash. I had the same answer from Samsung; reset, unplug any hdmi, etc... Nothing change

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts