AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this TV at best buy last night for $899. I'm wondering if there was something I could have bought that was better. Maybe something with a 120hz refresh rate. It seems like the sony KDL55W700B (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55...ulti/7865123.p?id=1219298196084&skuId=7865123) might be a better deal for the same price. I think I just got excited about 4k and pulled the trigger. The tv I bought was hooked up through coaxial (which I though was pretty stupid) so I didn't really get to compare it against other TV's while it was playing HD content.

Basically, any insight you can give about this tv or better tv's available in the ~$1,000 price range would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just picked up this TV at best buy last night for $899. I'm wondering if there was something I could have bought that was better. Maybe something with a 120hz refresh rate. It seems like the sony KDL55W700B (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55...ulti/7865123.p?id=1219298196084&skuId=7865123) might be a better deal for the same price. I think I just got excited about 4k and pulled the trigger. The tv I bought was hooked up through coaxial (which I though was pretty stupid) so I didn't really get to compare it against other TV's while it was playing HD content.

Basically, any insight you can give about this tv or better tv's available in the ~$1,000 price range would be greatly appreciated.
How did you get it for $899? Pretty sure it's the same as the 6840, so check out that thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get it for $899? Pretty sure it's the same as the 6840, so check out that thread.
It was an open box. The TV had a $999 price tag, but the bag with the remote had an $899 price tag so I asked if they could give me that price and they did.

I did check out that thread. It seems to have mixed opinions. I may go check out the TV's at Best Buy tomorrow now that I know what my TV looks like even thought it won't be the same as comparing side by side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts