AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking at upgrading my parent's living room TV, didn't want to go extreme in pricing due to the fact they aren't experts in TVs lol so doesn't really matter. In reality either TV would be perfect. But I'd like your personal opinions on what you think would be the better buy. Initially I was set on the Sony, until I kept reading comments and reviews stating the KS was last years best model and they are hard to find, and if you find one you should buy it. Plus the reviews are all over the place with which TV is better in terms of quality. One is curved which I understand but doesn't really matter, only one available.

Personal Benefit of each TV, Samsung is $300 cheaper, Sony has Kodi.

Which would you go with. Quality is important only if there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
211 Posts
My short answer: I would probably opt for the Samsung and save the $300.

The Rtings TV review site gives those two models an identical score in terms of overall quality. The Rtings site does a really detailed analysis of each TV they review, by ranking performance in many different categories. This enables you to determine which TV offers the features that are most important to YOU.

You can compare the Samsung and Sony TVs on the Rtings site at these links:

Samsung UN55KS8500

Sony XBR55X900E

1 - 2 of 2 Posts