AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just picked up this set yesterday to replace a Panasonic 50" plasma. The plasma was wall mounted and I'd like to reuse the mount on the Samsung. The bolts I was using are the right thread diameter, but they're twice a long as the new TV is thick. Obviously, this won't work
. What length bolt do I need for this set? The owner's manual states that I need an M8 machine screw, but doesn't indicate the proper length. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
240 Posts
We cannot answer that, it depends on your wall mount. It is easy enough to determine. I would just go to the hardware store and buy some screws of 2-3 lengths and some washers to fine tune the bolts depth.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't want to get something too long and end up running through something important (like the LCD panel). There has to be a maximum depth for these things. If I knew what that was I would know what bolt length to go with.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick.s  /t/1421484/samsung-un60es7150f-wall-mounting-bolt-length#post_22243807

I just don't want to get something too long and end up running through something important (like the LCD panel). There has to be a maximum depth for these things. If I knew what that was I would know what bolt length to go with.

Understood, you could place the mounting arms on the back of the tv and use a depth gauge or some improvised tool to take the measurement to the bottom of the hole on the tv. Or you can use my first suggestion. I bought 3 bolt lengths 4 bolts of each size along with some washers and had no problems, don' recall what size fit my mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts