AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog7  /t/1472927/samsung-un65es6500f-or-sharp-lc60le755u#post_23320960

Narrowed it down to these two, any opinions or advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Don't know which is best but do know that only BB sells the 60le755u. (I believe) every one else sells that le60757. Prices seem to me to be identical for both except that the BB model takes away some of the motion choices and for that alone could be considered a lesser set. Check out the Sharp website for yourself if you like the Sharps. They clearly describe the differences.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordo  /t/1472927/samsung-un65es6500f-or-sharp-lc60le755u#post_23324229

Don't know which is best but do know that only BB sells the 60le755u. (I believe) every one else sells that le60757. Prices seem to me to be identical for both except that the BB model takes away some of the motion choices and for that alone could be considered a lesser set. Check out the Sharp website for yourself if you like the Sharps. They clearly describe the differences.
I believe the LE7500 (Costco/Sams) /755 (Best Buy)/757U(Amazon) are all the same set, but are numbered for each retailer. I would do the Sharp over the Samsung if these are the models he has narrowed down.

·
Registered
1 Posts

One distinct advantage of Sharp over other HDTVs is one simple but genius feature: Wallpaper mode.

Look on youtube for "sharp wallpaper mode". Basically it's a mode when the TV is off but shows pictures that are almost impossible to distinguish from fine art once in this mode (no backlit, it looks totally like a picture behind a glass).

Since for many people TV is just a black rectangle of a wall 90% of the time, this feature is almost more important than the picture quality of the TV when it actually works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts